Anyone recognize these symptoms?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elliespad, Jan 31, 2007.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

Please read these symptoms, then take a guess before scrolling further down to see what they are symptoms of.

The symptoms followed an initial flu-like illness and include the following: fatigue, malaise, central nervous system (headaches, loss of memory, difficulty with task completion, disorientation or dizziness), G.I. tract (nausea, diarrhea, lower bowel cramping), upper and lower respiratory tract (rhinitis, sinusitis, bronchitis, shortness of breath, frequent infections) skin rash, muscle and joint pain, and peripheral neuropathy (pain and tingling of finger tips, tremor). Some patients expressed an olfactory sensitivity to environments containing low concentrations of chemicals (e.g. new carpets, diesel exhaust, fresh paints, perfumes), which precipitated CNS and respiratory tract symptoms.

Sound familiar?

Do you have any thoughts?

Oh, and these occurred over 2 to 4 year period.

Don't peek until you are pretty sure you know what the diagnosis could be?

All right, these are symptoms of CHLORDANE EXPOSURE. What is CHLORDANE? A pesticide is a biocide (i.e. it kills life). Information on toxicity is obtained from toxicological tests performed on target organisms, laboratory species (nonmammalian and mammalian), and acute human exposure. However, when it comes to long-term health effects on humans, little or no information is available. Thus, human exposure to a pesticide is examined from acute symptomology, WHILE CHRONIC HEALTH EFFECTS ARE EITHER IGNORED OR ACCEPTED AS NOT RELATED TO THE EXPOSURE.

There labs all reported the presence of elevated CD26 (Ta1) cells and a high incidence of autoantibodies in 24 subjects with chronic health complaints following chlordane/heptachlor application in their homes for termite infestations.

This is all from exposure to JUST ONE pesticide. There are LITERALLY TEN OF THOUSANDS used all around you, EVERYDAY. For most people, low level exposures allow them to continue living their life what we consider normally. Those of have SIGNIFICANT exposures can and most likely will, experience long term health effects.

I just hope this enlightens some to the dangers of pesticides. They are deadly poisons. Oh, did you know that pesticides were FIRST USED in Concentration camps? That is WHY they were developed. They then later realized that they killed insects and other undesireables, like weeds, fungus, insects, both above ground and below ground.

2. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

I am allergic to lots of things especially meds for some reason. See a doctor. I wouldn't go to the board for suggestions. You need real medical attention for this one.

The board is meant to me for random questions, or have you tried, or do you know of a doctor here..that type of stuff

Not something that could be potentially poisoning you.

There aren't any docs that I have seen on this board. My husband helps, but that's if he is asked to. as I mentioned in my posting before he will, but you need to post it as a question for me to give to my husband & I will pass it onto him for thoughts or possible remedies opinions. No two docs will ever agree by the way.

love your friend,
    fun
  3. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

I am allergic to lots of things especially meds for some reason. See a doctor. I wouldn't go to the board for suggestions. You need real medical attention for this one.

The board is meant to me for random questions, or have you tried, or do you know of a doctor here..that type of stuff

Not something that could be potentially poisoning you.

There aren't any docs that I have seen on this board. My husband helps, but that's if he is asked to. as I mentioned in my posting before he will, but you need to post it as a question for me to give to my husband & I will pass it onto him for thoughts or possible remedies opinions. No two docs will ever agree by the way.

love your friend,
    fun
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

elliespad:

It sounds very interesting. It certainly is an eye-opener.

Thank you for posting it.

nyrofan
  5. shar6710

shar6710 New Member

I think you mis-interpreted the post.

There are several people on the board who belive that toxins such as pesticides and herbicides are the cause of CFS, FMS, GWS and MCS.

Ellie's point was to bring up that the symptoms of exposure to this pesticide are the same as classic CFS cases. She wasn't asking advice, just making a point.

Respectfully,

Shar
  6. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Thank you for the brillient info & article - it has helped me put the pieces together in understanding what goes wrong...

Cheers Elliespad,

Pat
  7. TinaJones

TinaJones New Member

Very interesting post. I've been thinking/reading a lot about all of the pesticides/toxins/etc that we are exposed to, and how it probably plays a huge role in many of our illnesses. Thanks for the post.

--Tina
  8. woofmom

woofmom New Member

AND!!! How long does it take for these poisons to leave our bodies? That is, if they ever leave111111111