Anyone see AE's INTERVENTION show last night on TV

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by connieaag, Apr 21, 2008.

1. connieaag

connieaag New Member

I only saw the last 20 minutes, but on the web site it's Episode 53. Basically a 23-year old girl was addicted to pain medication and her family did the intervention.

During high school she was Dx'd with an early form of arthritis. At the end when they show where she went for treatment (link below in San Diego) it said "She was also treated for LYME DISEASE".

So perhaps that was the trigger to her arthritis symptoms.

I don't see where it is replaying again, but really interesting.

http://www.aetv.com/intervention/

[This Message was Edited on 04/23/2008]
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Maybe the girl had a honest reason for taking the pain meds. Having Lyme disease can be extremely painful.

So how did it turn out? I can't get my computer to play you tube or anything similar for some reason, but I have regular dial up internet, everything is so slow!

Your lymie friend,
    Kellyann
  3. connieaag

connieaag New Member

I have no doubt the pain was real. And they were not going to take her off of them completely, just help her manage them since it was out of control.

The main point I got was that they found Lyme Disease and started treating her for that. All along they thought it was arthritis which started in high school, thus leading to needing more and more pain meds. She was 23 I think.

Just something on TV showing that arthritis can be untreated Lyme.
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    I hope you are feeling better today! I know the pain is awful isn't it? Seems like I keep getting worse over the years instead of better.My husband keeps harping on me to try all these herbs like cat's claw, etc, we have this book that tells you all these herbal remedies for all kinds of diseases. There was a list of stuff for lyme. I am willing to try all these herbs but I don't expect some miracle cure like he does. He is pressuring me to try all these herbs and to get better. Like I really wanted to be sick, duh! Sometimes the stress is too much.

I hope you are feeling better!
    Kellyann