Anyone see Dr. Vrchota in Mn

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by LISALOO, Mar 27, 2009.

1. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

I have an apt in May for possible Lyme and viruses.

Did you see her, what did you think, did you get better with her treatment.

I'm freaked out because I was on antibiotics for Lyme for three weeks before I had to quit due to a yeast infection that woudln't go away even though I was on anti-fungals and an anti-candida diet.

I had no herx, no difference of feeling. So I'm worried I won't have Lyme.

Also, I heard from someone that Dr Vrchota that even though the person was on antibiotics for 18 months and their Igenix still showed as pos, that Dr. V said that the person just had CFS and was discharged. I'm also worried that for viruses she just put the person on an herbal product and vitamins and minerals for CFS. I have interstitial Cystitis and can't take vitamins, herbals and supplements.

Did you have viruses and did she treat with any prescription anti-virals?
    My igenex results 2 years ago:
    IGM
    34 IND
    39 ++
    41 IND
    66 +
    IGG
    41 IND
    58 ++

If it's not Lyme I'm screwed. I don't want just CFS as I've been getting worse for 5 years and haven't gotten better. My husband has told me if I want to end it, I can because I'm suffering too much.

Also, if yo've seen her, did she treat you for viruses, did she use pharmeceuticals. I can't use herbs, as I have IC. I know I can't use Valcyte, but I think I also have virus issues.
  2. LISALOO

LISALOO New Member

Anyone can help?
  3. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

My LLMD in Missouri pushes Lauricidin, a supplement, for viral infections. He also suggests colloidal silver, which I won't do.

Munch and I see the same LLMD. It sounds that like you have a pretty good case for Lyme and its coinfections.

Good luck.

CherylSue
  4. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Just wondered if you asked this question on Lymenet? You may get more feedback. This board doesn't have too many Lyme patients left. They all got the boot last summer because of some people here who didn't want Lyme mentioned on the main CFS/FM board. Tragic because we lost most of the people with knowledge.
  5. munch1958

munch1958 Member

Just wondered if you asked this question on Lymenet? You may get more feedback. This board doesn't have too many Lyme patients left. They all got the boot last summer because of some people here who didn't want Lyme mentioned on the main CFS/FM board. Tragic because we lost most of the people with knowledge.

I was offered Lauricidin and colloidal silver. I didn't want to do either one. Silver stays in your body forever and can be a heavy metal which can lead to poisoning. For AV, I was trying OLE or olive leaf extract. That made me herx. Then I moved on to Famvir. I tried acyclovir for a year and Famvir for one month.