Anyone See Larry King on Mind/Body/Spirit?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

He had people from the "Bleep" movie on the other night talking about how our thoughts affect the cells in our bodies. I think it is beneficial to have seen the movie or one might be a bit lost in the discussion. All were in agreement that our minds play a significant role in our health and well-being, including Dr. Sanjay Gupta.

I am a big fan of this kind of thinking but I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water. I don't believe any mind control could have helped me get through this acute attack of whatever it is (e-Coli, diverticulitis, or colitis). Still, I believe it is helping me heal faster and helping me to deal with it better. I'm a true Moonchild--traditional and avant garde at the same time. I use traditional Western medicine and New Age Eastern thinking, with a little quantum physics thrown in. Whatever works!

Just wondering what y'all thought of the program if anyone had seen it. He's done some interesting shows on UFO's lately. At least, it's a bit more interesting than the usual regurgitation of what's going on in the world.

Love, Mikie

2. springwater

springwater Active Member

I saw the show. Not familiar with the names but couldnt hav remembered anyway with my brain fog.

I was so tired and sleepy and teary (it was afternoon my time) and trying to relax and sleep when it came on and thought this i got to see because they addressed depression but i was so disappointed coz i didnt see anything helpful other than what we already know. That mind can affect body.

I was so aghast when that blonde lady said with such authority that we bring cancer and the like on ourselves...with our thinking....and i was so happy when the other dark haired lady said it was also due to pollutants and toxins.(she forgot to mention genetics)..

i think the blonde lady and most of them said things to the effect that we neednt be depressed if we knew how to think the right way but I was wishing they would have brought one or two patients as evidence who recovered from a deep chronic clinical depression who got healed by 'thinking right'.

If somethng like bird flu virus comes around i dont think thinking ourselves healthy would prevent us getting sick and dying.

I do hope Larry King will do some more shows on the spirit and the paranormal tho. A show on a miracle healing or two also would be nice. It would give these things more credibility.

God Bless
  3. Waynesrhythm

Waynesrhythm Member

Hi Mikie,

Gosh, you sound sort of like a spiritual pragmatist. Reminds me of a story I heard once, apparently a tale that came out of the middle east long ago.

A man was troubled as to whether he should tie up his camel or whether he should just trust in God that his camel wouldn't wander away when left unattended.

Lucklily, one day, he ran into a holy man, and seized on the opportunity to ask him about his dilemma. After careful thought, the holy man suggested that he trust in God AND tie up his camel.

So, what about you Mikie? Do you trust in God AND tie up your camel? :)

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Springwater, what usually happens with these shortened versions of the subject is that the ideas get lost in the short responses of the guests. None of the people involved in this have ever blamed anyone for bringing illness on himself or herself. What they do claim is that our thoughts affect our cells and brain wiring and can set our bodies up for illness or wellness. Very often, people are diagnosed with cancer following a life-altering catastrophy which stressed them beyond their ability to cope. It doesn't mean the person intentionally brought cancer on; it just means that the thought processes involved in stress can weaken the immune system so that cancer, and a whole array of other illnesses, may find an open door in the body.

The dark-haired lady, I believe her name is Candice, is one of my favorites. She has such a kind demeanor. The blonde is a controverial person who claims to channel a spirit guide named, Ramtha. She is not one of my favorites.

The thing is that this is a very complex subject. It can't possibly be covered in a one-hour panel of questions and answers. I had to watch the "Bleep" movie several times before I started to "get it." Having delved in quantum physics and New Age theory helped me understand the ideas put forth in the movie. If nothing else, the message to stay as stress free as possible in order to help heal is the most important thing to take away from the film, but there is so much more if one wants to look.

Wayne, looooooved the camel story. Yes, my camel is tied up under the carport outside my condo and the alarm is set. I have two guns and a permit to carry. After I've done everything I humanly can to protect myself and help myself heal, I turn the rest over to God.

I have a story for you but you may have heard it. A woman was at home when the radio broadcast a message of a flash flood and urged people to evacuate. The woman was very religious and decided that God would save her. A neighbor stopped by to offer her a ride out of town. She told him that she didn't need it because God would save her. Pretty soon, the water was coming in her house and another neighbor came by in a raft and told her to get in. Again, she declined and told him God would save her.

Finally, it was apparent that the water was rising to the rooftops. The woman climbed on her roof. A rescue helicopter hovered overhead and said they would send the basket down for her to climb into and they could fly her out. She even declined the rescue still believing that God would save her.

The woman drowned in the flood and was met at the Pearly Gates by God. The woman asked Him why He didn't save her. He said, "I sent you a car; I sent you a raft; I sent you a rescue helicopter..."

Another favorite of mine is a line from the movie, Santa Clause: "Seeing isn't believing; believing is seeing."

Thank you both for your thoughtful responses.

Love, Mikie