Anyone See Spiders Crawling Up The Wall???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0909, Sep 15, 2005.

1. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

Hi
    I know this might seem weird post but I have had this for a couple of years now.
    Sometimes when I wake up I see a spider moving over the wall.It has legs and all!!!!Quite a large one usually black but reddish today!
    I think it could be the medication (well I hope it is lol).

Just wondered of anyone else has this scary thing going on??

Thanks
    Rena

2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

with or without medication. I put it down to my illness more than the medication.

People floating, roses all over the wall, loads of things, sometimes I get a real fright.

I would prefer it if it didnt happen though.

Rosie
  3. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I see this when I am awake!!!lol
    It is not one of my nightmares but just something that I have seen for years!!
    Where ever my eyes move it moves.Maybe it is my eyesight??I have only just thought of that!lol.

RENA
  4. rockyjs

rockyjs Member

I do see them, but I think they're real :)

Two years ago when I had West Nile encephalitis I tended to have mild hallucinations like that. One night I woke up and saw a mouse standing up on its hind legs next to my bed looking at me. I laughed and thought I had really lost it!

It turned out it was a mouse - he had gotten in through an opening from the garage to the house. I think I did have Stuart Little dreams for a while which was better than the nightmares that normally tormented me!

Jan
    [This Message was Edited on 09/15/2005]
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Wide awake thats what makes it scary.

Rosie
  6. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

I occationally see 'things' in my periferal vision that look like something climbing. I also chalk it up to 'my condition'. LOL. I like the tee shirt that states, " I hear voices, but it's ok, they all like me here'.
    So it doesn't sound weird at all.

Maree
  7. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

For me it is roaches, but when I am asleep, I hallucinate a lot. It stinks. :-(
  8. orachel

orachel New Member

Unfortunately, mine are real spiders. We live in an 1890's house surrounded by gardens, right off the river. Spiders are a definite problem. Big, gnarly ones, usually. Have to call the Wonder Husband and make him dispose of crawlies.

Not trying to make light of your issue though, that sounds a little disturbing. I had NO idea that hallucination was a possibility with the DD! Just never heard of that before. I'd mention it to doc, just to make sure its not meds acting nutty. I certainly hope you feel better, or at least are reassured that theres nothing to be concerned about.

Rachel
  9. orachel

orachel New Member

...the past few minutes to make me laugh out loud! First was the birdie story. Stuart Little, indeed!

You are a riot. I love your posts!
    Rachel
  10. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

When I read her post, I read MOOSE instead of MOUSE. I had a really amusing mental image of a moose sitting on it's hind legs next to her bed. When I got to the part about it getting in through a whole in the garage, I had to go back and re-read.

(and no snide remarks from anyone who has read my message about becoming a reading tutor!)
  11. petsrme

petsrme Member

Oh my gosh! I see spiders all the time and I am awake. It is always in bed and dark. When I turn the lights on they go away. I have even saw them hanging over my face. I used to have sleep paralysis, where I would have my eyes open and see things and not be able to move.

I am a bit afraid to admit this but just last week I was reading the book, Don't kiss them goodbye, about talking to spirits and the author of the book said that we could invite our deceased loved ones to visit us in our dreams. Well stupid me did. I was laying in bed after reading and I was wide awake. I looked up and something male was hovering above my face. I could tell it was a male. I kept blinking my eyes and it was still there. The ceiling fan seemed to take up the whole room. I screamed and woke up my husband. I then turned over on my side and saw all these figures standing there. Just shadows with outlines. A woman with long hair was in the front. I blinked and they wouldn't go away. They were wavering and flickering. I turned the other way and begged my husband to hold me. The next day he asked me what happened and I told him. He thinks I was sleeping, but I know I had not fallen asleep.

We were in a hotel room in Philadelphia on Saturday night and I was laying in bed and lamps started gliding across the ceiling. I kept blinking my eyes and it wouldn't go away. I started yelling and my husband woke up.

I am a little worried. I know years ago when I saw people in my house and had the sleep paralysis I was not on drugs. I was pregnant so it couldn't be medication. I would now blame it on my meds, but it is just strange that it used to happen when I wasn't on meds. It is so odd that others see spiders too. I see them clear as day and they do follow my eyesight. Thanks for sharing this. It made me feel like I am not alone.

12. cshellz

cshellz New Member

This has happened to me the last year or so: In fact it happened to me a few monthes ago and I got outta bed, fell on both knees and was going to get away from them. 2 "were above my side of the bed--and going to drop on me!!" I was SURE!!!! Scared the stuffing outta D/H thought the movie the Grunge was in our room..... Nite terrors! Argh! Ruined my knees for about 2 weeks--one was swollen and hot. It got better but who could go to Dr. with straight face and tell them you were escaping from 'real' spiders. And by the way---was not on any meds at all...maybe I should've been huh?
    Glad to know I'm not the only arachnaphob here---maybe its the torcherous lack of sleep??

Cshellz
  13. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

she has CFS but doesnt take any meds at all so I do think its part of our illness.

Rosie
  14. Leenerbups

Leenerbups New Member

I always dream spiders are dropping down from the ceiling onto me or crawling up on me. I jump out of bed. In fact, last night I dreamt a spider was on my hand.

Now here is something to think about; In shamanic traditions, the spider brings the "medicine" of turning our hopes and dreams into reality.

SO I wonder, are these spiders, real or imagined, trying bring to us, the ill, a gift??
  15. Wasabi

Wasabi New Member

Just curious, because writer Amy Tan says in her memoir ("The Opposite of Fate") that she was having wild hallucinations before she was finally diagnosed with late stage Lyme disease. It was later discovered that the hallucinations were a result of mini-seizures related to brain lesions that formed because the Lyme disease was discovered so late.

Obviously, this isn't the only thing that could cause hallucinations, but apparently it's another thing that can, so I thought I'd mention it as one possibility.

Plus, Lyme and FM/CFS seem to overlap a lot in symptoms and often treatment, so it's possible that some of us have been misdiagnosed one way or another. If that's the case, and Lyme hasn't been treated properly, then it could still be progressing.

I hope everyone finds relief from the scary hallucinations! Take care.
  16. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

that's very interesting and even more scary but thanks for bringing it to our attention. I'm going to check up on this.

Rosie
  17. orachel

orachel New Member

I thought the post about reading "Moose" in lieu of "mouse" was hysterical....then I got to yours!

Mice, Moose, or Ghosts, but no Spiders for you! lol My post probably really gave you the heebies...sorry! But still laughing!

Rachel
  18. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Me too - I often see things crawling or writhing in my peripheral vision (never seen a moose tho'!), & my optician can find nothing wrong. It's a relief to know some of you have this symptom; I hadn't liked to mention it to anyone else in case it was just me going doolally.
  19. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

When we were first married, I was famous for drifting ff to sleep in the chair, waking up and seeing huge spiders on the wall. I would scream at my husband, "Can't you see it, kill it for pete's sake" while he would be running around looking for them.

It's happened when I've been asleep in a pitch dark room too. Turn on the light and tell my husband there was one crawling across the bed.

A couple of years ago I think I may have discovered my spiders. As I was coming out of sleep, I was slowly opening my eyes and saw them, I closed my eyes, opened them again and they would crawl up the wall in the same place. Well, I figured out it was a slight watery distortion between my half closed eyes and I think with the eye lashes moving it creates spiders. That, and a half awake state where your subconsious is creating what you are afraid of.
  20. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

How about an eight-legged moose doing a tap-dance on the headboard of your bed?