Anyone see "the Snoring Epidemic" this morning ABC news?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sleepyinlalaland, Feb 28, 2006.

1. sleepyinlalaland

sleepyinlalaland New Member

I WATCHED this for several frustrating minutes on the ABC morning show...the SOUND was broken in my TV! Dang, really wanted to hear it. Just wondering if anyone saw it, and if there was any interesting news about WHY so many snore. I'm guesssing they basically alluded to weight gain of average American, but curious if more is involved.

When I DO sleep, I'm told I snore heavily(and am NOT overweight), and have since a kid. Am currently awaiting results of new sleep study.

Thanks, if anyone wants to post quick update on contents of this morning's show!
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

and it was the story you mentioned. The interesting thing was the neck measurements...for men, 17 inches or larger meant very possible problems with sleep apnea. For women, 16 inches or larger. Losing weight can help people with it, but not everyone is overweight with sleep problems. My husband's neck was 17 1/2 in., so he's going in for a sleep study. My son has had CFIDS for 15 months now, so this is a good time for him to go too. It was good to hear something about it on TV. They said a CPAP can really alleviate snoring, too.