Anyone seen a GOOD LLMD in New YorK?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by elliespad, Jan 13, 2009.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

Still hoping to get a recommendation for a good LLMD in New York. Anyone seeing anyone worth recommending?
  2. KimDC

KimDC New Member

You're probably not getting any responses because there's an unwritten policy not to name good or bad MDs here. However, if your go to www.lymenet.org and sign-in, you can do a search of MDs in your state that belong to the Lyme Foundation and attend trainings. I think there are several excellent LLMDs in NY and NJ due to the high incidence of Lyme. Consider yourself lucky!
  3. cherylsue

cherylsue Member

People over at Lymenet like Dr. H of Hyde Park. He speaks at a lot of conferences, too. Check him out.

CherylSue
  4. redsox10

redsox10 New Member

Three of us see Dr. H in Hyde Park. Last I heard he is not taking new patients right now but you could call and check. We are very pleased with Dr. H.

What insurance do you have? Even though most llmd do not take insurance you can submit cllaims yourself. You might get something back.
  5. wld285

wld285 New Member

Have not been on this board in a long time, but I also see this doc and would highly reccommend him.
  6. elliespad

elliespad Member

Well then, looks like Dr. H is the most recommended. He is also who my Compounding Pharmacist recommended. I made an appt with a Dr. L in L, MD. Not sure what to do now, hmmm. Dr. H is a whole lot closer, 127 miles vs. 382.

Thanks all.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/23/2009]