Anyone seen Dr. Susan Kowalsky, naturopath in Vermont?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by elliespad, Dec 3, 2007.

1. elliespad

elliespad Member

My PCP referred me to her yesterday. She is a Naturopath, practicing in Norwich, Vermont. Doesn't seem to be listed with BC/BS PPO providers and the office is only open M-W-F, so haven't called yet.

My doc acknowleges that my endocrine mess is very complex and he doesnt have enough experinece with CFS/Fibro. He is still a good doctor, and I like him.

Was just wondering if anyone has seen this Dr. Susan Kowalsky. She has a nice website at drkowalsky with the usual ending. <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 12/04/2007</i>]
  2. mylilcherub428

mylilcherub428 New Member

I just had to tell you I love vermont and have family Therrien and purington are the last names My dad grandma and great gram used to live in bethel. Do you love it there-Kim Oh I see you live in new york went and read profile sorry ;)
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 12/04/2007</i>]
  3. elliespad

elliespad Member

And yes Kim, I do love Vermont. Haven't been to too many town, but for those I have been to, each town is very New Englandy.
  4. elliespad

elliespad Member

I just called her office. Her initial consultation fee is $625. What a let down. I could cry. Maybe I will. So now, it doesn't matter if she's good or not. Well, back to square one.
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 12/05/2007</i>]
  5. aftermath

aftermath New Member

That consultation fee is outrageous.

The top ME/CFS MDs aren't charging that for an initial consult in the NYC area.

You're better off w/o someone like that.
  6. jane.albright

jane.albright New Member

a smart clinician, possibly the most professional and serious of the naturopathic docs. worth paying out of pocket for her expertise. though you can call around to other naturopathic docs for rates that may be lower for sure in my area. she is very kind and cheerful compared to my previous doctor in concord.
  7. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I guess I've gotten leary of so many &quot;experts&quot; so have muddled along on my own. Does she put you on supplements, changed your diet, sent you for special tests? Would you mind elaborating a bit to help the rest of us?
  8. jane.albright

jane.albright New Member

i gave her my 50 plus pages of records from my docs in california and the useless doc in conn and the next visit she seemed to have done more than skim through them because she had followup questions about what was in them. so i didn't waste my time copying them for her. she is meticulous and also doesn't think my ten years of symptoms are &quot;all in my head&quot;. i found another naturopath for a family member on the west coast at and dr kowalsky listed there too.&lt;BR&gt;