anyone sleep with hunched up shoulders

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by sallys, Jun 6, 2006.

1. sallys

sallys New Member

at night i lie on my side and i am not able to relax my shoulders - they are tight and hunched up to (almost) my ears????

when sitting during the day i have to continuously remind myself to relax my shoulders. but at night i am not able to relax them and i fear this has something to do with my chronic headaches and migraines which are really too frequent.

anyone else have this problem or is it just me.

sallys
  2. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

I definitely have trouble relaxing my neck and shoulders too. I wake up with them cracking and popping and hurting like crazy. I don't know what to tell you that could help, but if you find out, let me know! :)
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I sleep on my side and realize as I'm trying to go to sleep that not only are my shoulders hunched up around my ears, but I'm also bending my chin down to my chest.

I think that is one of the reasons I wake up with a stiff neck and hurting shoulders. I've tried all different pillows and taken muscle relaxers and I still do it.

If anyone has a remedy I'd sure like to know!!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Don't your hands and arms go to sleep? I can't keep them above my shoulders or they are numb.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

Why do we do this? I try to relax them but they end up almost to my ears.

Help, anybody?

Michelle
  6. dleaning

dleaning New Member

I do the same thing, and the chin thing too!! I have noticed that my shoulders are always tense. Wonder why that is?

Dawn
  7. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

A couple of things that might help:

Make/get a microwavable heat pack and use it to relax your neck and shoulder muscles before going to bed.

Use a cylindrical or ’dog-bone’ shaped pillow.
  8. BabyArtina

BabyArtina New Member

I do the same thinf with my sholders and neck too!...and yes it REALLY does hurt...And i wake up with bad head aches