Anyone "step down" pain meds?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pinkgirl, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl New Member

Yes, another question! I haven't had computer access for a long time and I miss all the info I get here!!!

Since my dr is more than likely going to refuse to refill my morphine (20 mgs 2x a day) and the Lyrica didn't work I was going to ask him if I can go back to Vicodin.

2 Vicodin give me releif for 5-8 hours depending on my pain level, and 2 morphine only give me relief for 10 hours. I am only allowed 2 morphine a day, so I can either suffer through a long day, or wake up in the middle of the night in pain... The vicodin isn't currently rx'ed,

Okay, my question is: Has anyone else gone from a stronger pain med back down to a weaker one? I've progressed through Tylenol 3, to vicodin, to darvocet, to the patch, and now to morphine... Has anyone else experienced this?
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

meds are different in UK but I do take morphine tablets - I halve them so I can use them through the night too.

Have you tried halving your tablets? Somtimes obviously, a half isnt enough.

love
    Rosie
  3. Pinkgirl

Pinkgirl New Member

I did that when I was first rx'ed them, but now the 40 mgs just isn't enough anymore, and I'm afraid to ask for more...

Do you have the same problems getting drs to rx pain meds as most of us have in the US? It's getting to the point that I'm afraid to mention that I'm in pain anymore...