Anyone suffer from chest pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kinkypinky23, May 31, 2003.

1. kinkypinky23

kinkypinky23 New Member

Hi

Just wondered whether anyone suffers from chest pain as i have it but the cause is not known.

I suffer from pain sometimes under the right breast, sometimes the left sometimes it is lower down near the upper abdomen, and sometimes centrally or radiating into the back.

The pain is not severe but it comes and goes for a couple of minutes then goes away, sometimes burning sometimes stabbing.

My GP doesnt know what is causing this so i wondered whether it could be related to GERD as i have throat spasms also or if it could be like a muscoskeletal thing.

Anyone suffer from this kind of pain?
  2. Carolyn0508

Carolyn0508 New Member

I called on a weekend because I thought there was something wrong with my heart. But since there were spasms and pain all over, the Dr said it was just part of the fibro. I figure if I can trace a pain to a sore muscle (by pressing on muscles around the pain), it's not the heart. I know the pains you are talking about. Sometimes, I get relief after taking the dreaded torture device known as the bra off as it gets too tight sometimes. Hope this helps.

Cheers
    Carolyn
  3. catnip51

catnip51 New Member

from chest pain, I've had it for many years. For me it costcondritis(inflamation of the rib cage) Very sore at time to touch in the middle of my breast, the rib under the breast (left Or right). Your doctor should of picked up on that. At least that's what it sounds like. ASk him to check you for that. If it sore when you press on your ribs there it is most likely that. I take antinflamatoy drug and ice the hec out of it. Advil would work to for a few days, try it and see if hleps. Good luck

Cathy
  4. Princessraye

Princessraye New Member

Costochondritis , just like catnip said.
    I use moist heat and anti inflamatory medicine (OTC) on mine.
    I know it really hurts. It is like pleurisy.
    You can do a search on this site and find some info.
    Take care
  5. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

Hi,

I get a lot of chest pain, too, and like Carolyn, I always
    can trace it back to a sore point.

I have a lot of pain under my ribs, mainly right-sided.
    It is really very painful. Touching it is very painful
    and it hurts even when I am not touching.
    Many times my left ribs hurt as well. I did have
    my gallbladder out sos don't know if it's related
    to that since I had it prior to GB coming out.

Is condoch? (can't spell) only mid breast pain
    or can it be under ribs, too?

Lynn
  6. kinkypinky23

kinkypinky23 New Member

i do have pain pressing on the chest wall but it isnt severe it more like the kind of pain u would expect from pressing against a bone. The doctor has ruled out costochondritis, Do you know of any other causes of muscoskeletal pain in the chest? Is GERD pain necessarily in the centre of the chest or can it vary. What happens with me is i get a pain on my left side then about 10 mins later i will get a pain on my right side it really strange

thanks kink
  7. Teri424

Teri424 New Member

I also have these pains. I can't even wear a bra with a wire in it, because it hurts it even more. Try and see if that will help too. Teri