Anyone suggest a good EXERCISE tape that's EASY for fibro gals?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fibrobutterfly, Sep 3, 2005.

1. A very easy one, maybe a senior tape. lol!
    believe me, I hate exercise, but my body hurts so much I thought maybe, just maybe it would help.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/03/2005]
  2. Cakedec

Cakedec New Member

I found Priscilla Patrick's "Strengthening stretches for fibromyalgia & chronic muscle pain:. It is very good as it has two 15 minute segments and you can do just one at a time depending on how you feel. You can find them at her website www.yogaone.com

Deb
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I can bump it for you. Rockyjs ordered the DVD and was very happy w/ it. The thread will speak for itself.

Look for ***Y-DAN, THE GENTLEST OF RANGE OF MOTION EXERCISE***

Jeanne
  4. asvyper

asvyper New Member

look for rodney yee. he's a good yoga person to follow. i'm sure there's lots of different ones he has and you can pick out what sounds good to you.
  5. I will check them out. Have you tried any of these personally?
  6. thanks alot, do you have the stretching or relaxing tapes or both? I sure need something, probably the stretching tape. (they have 3)
  7. Pheline

Pheline New Member

I do Nia- see http://www.nia-nia.com/ and it has helped me tremendously. if you have a class locally, try it. or several- all instructors are different. if you don't have a class locally, try Global Unity. I bought a few of the others when I was going to be travelling and didn't like them much- but the Global Unity is better.

exercise helps me a lot.
  8. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I haven't tried Y-Dan myself yet (i'll order after I move and the dust settles), but I do a similar toned down version that got me out of bed when the supposed lowest impact exercises just put me back in.

Rockyjs promptly ordered the Y-Dan and raves about it. She gives several very detailed posts of her injuries and anemia and how well she's doing w/ it. Several others will be ordering and posting update when they do. It may be what you are looking for.

Jeanne
  9. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I like the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds tapes. She has one just for seniors. I can't always do the whole tape and sometimes have to modify the arm movements.

I think it depends where your pain is. My legs are pretty strong. I do have hip pain frequently. I can't always do the arm movements because of shoulder pain.

They are easy to follow and she shows you how do do half range movements if you can't do the full extensions.