Anyone take Aspirin daily

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rosiebud, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I've been wondering if I should start taking an aspirin daily as I am in bed a lot and a little worried about DVT.

Would taking one a day do any harm is what I'm really asking.

2. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Rosie

My son was advised to take a baby dose of aspirin everyday, so far thre's no sign of ill effects, Like NSAIDs they can cause damage to the gut but some people can take them for years without problems.

I cannot tolerate aspirin so continue to take a maintenance dose of fibrinolytic enzymes.

Research on Natto from Japan confirms its efficacy; serrapeptase and bromelain have been used by individuals with these DDs. Ken Lassesen's website site provides info on fibrinolytic enzymes.

Serrapeptase and bromelain can also help with inflammation and pain.

tc, Tansy
  3. poets

poets Member

And have for a very long time. Where I'm from doctors don't like to give pain medicine, and Tylenol alone doesn't help. So I've been taking aspirin (BC Powders) every day to help with the arthritis pain and other aches and pains of FM. It helps at least a little. It hasn't seemed to bother my stomach but I don't know what will happen down the road somewhere. You just do the best you can.

4. jole

jole Member

My doc has told me for a long time to take a baby ASA daily because of the inactivity, but I already bruise so easily that I have tried not to.

I have lately been more concerned about strokes though, so will go ahead and start with it. Just be sure it is a baby ASA or 81 mg, not the regular dose, okay? That can not only mess up your stomach but also cause bleeding issues if you should ever need emergency surgery, etc.
  5. CarolK

CarolK New Member

I also take one aspirin a day...but it is the 81 mg. That is the dose that is recommended by most doctors for a daily routine. I get the enteric coated kind from WalMart.. the enteric coating is supposed to be better for your stomach. So if you are going to take it... take the 81 mg dose... I'm not sure what the "baby aspirin" dose is.

I had a full knee replacement surgery on both my knees this past year and the doc said it would be a good idea to go on it and just stay on it from now on.

6. ladybugmandy

ladybugmandy Member

hello. i have had CFS for 15 years and my doctor, dr. lerner, told me to start 81 mg of aspirin a day. i take the enteric coated one.

i assumed it was because of the effects of CFS on the heart..but i don't actually know why.

7. JuliannaG

JuliannaG New Member

recommends (I can't remember if it is half or a whole baby aspirin) twice a day. Maybe you can look on the web site.

I would make sure you don't take it on an empty stomach. Have something to eat first.
  8. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have been taking bufferin everyday since this DD, it is my pain med. I take two to four tablets a day, 325 mg each.

Bufferin is just a coated aspirin, my doc said it was a good infammatory drug and if it helped it was as safe as anything I could take. That is if my gut could tolerate it.

So far so good but never know when I may have to stop.

God Bless,

9. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

for your kind replies.

Think I will go ahead and try it.

10. Jayna

Jayna New Member

It is for me. One coated enteric 81 mg tablet gives me cold chills and nervous jitters for days.

My cardiologist told me I'll get the same blood-thinning effect by taking one regular aspirin (non-coated) a week, with food.

I don't have any problems with this plan, and have been doing it for a couple of years. Although if I notice I'm getting dizzy and light-headed, I will cut down to half for a couple of weeks.