anyone take duloxetine?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NLO, Sep 5, 2005.

1. NLO

NLO New Member

A new study shows the relatively new anti-depressant duloxetine helps a lot with FMS pain. Anyone out there tried it?? Thanks....
  2. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Duloxetine is the same as Cymbalta, which I've been taking for almost a year now. I changed to Cymbalta from Zoloft because I'd heard it helps with back pain. I didn't know I had FM at the time, but was dealing with sciatica from arthritis on my spine. I think it did help with that pain. I don't really know if it's helping with the FM pain. I have severe pain (8-9) in my legs daily. I can't imagine it being worse without the Cymbalta, but maybe it would be more widespread? I started at 60mg, then went up to 120mg after FM diagnosis in July.

Take care!

3. NLO

NLO New Member

So confusing what to take - I think I'll try it. Thanks. This was my first post. It's wonderful to reach out like this!
  4. shepsgirl

shepsgirl New Member

I've been on Cymbalta now for close to 6 months. I started on 60 mg and I thought it wasn't working and my doc suggested I step down to 30 mg. Normally, that wouldn't make sense, but fortunately it has helped with the depression and also the pain surprisingly enough. It has taken the 6 months before I could notice any difference in the pain but, it has helped. I of course still have an occasional flare up but usually due to overexertion.

Hope this helps,

5. NLO

NLO New Member

thanks so much...I just got a prescription, and it's helpful to know I might have to be patient about the pain part, but glad to know it's helping you.. N.

[ advertisement ]