anyone take duloxetine?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NLO, Sep 5, 2005.

1. NLO

NLO New Member

A new study shows the relatively new anti-depressant duloxetine helps a lot with FMS pain. Anyone out there tried it?? Thanks....
    Nancy
  2. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

Duloxetine is the same as Cymbalta, which I've been taking for almost a year now. I changed to Cymbalta from Zoloft because I'd heard it helps with back pain. I didn't know I had FM at the time, but was dealing with sciatica from arthritis on my spine. I think it did help with that pain. I don't really know if it's helping with the FM pain. I have severe pain (8-9) in my legs daily. I can't imagine it being worse without the Cymbalta, but maybe it would be more widespread? I started at 60mg, then went up to 120mg after FM diagnosis in July.

Take care!

Francie
  3. NLO

NLO New Member

So confusing what to take - I think I'll try it. Thanks. This was my first post. It's wonderful to reach out like this!
  4. shepsgirl

shepsgirl New Member

Hi,

I've been on Cymbalta now for close to 6 months. I started on 60 mg and I thought it wasn't working and my doc suggested I step down to 30 mg. Normally, that wouldn't make sense, but fortunately it has helped with the depression and also the pain surprisingly enough. It has taken the 6 months before I could notice any difference in the pain but, it has helped. I of course still have an occasional flare up but usually due to overexertion.

Hope this helps,

shepsgirl
  5. NLO

NLO New Member

thanks so much...I just got a prescription, and it's helpful to know I might have to be patient about the pain part, but glad to know it's helping you.. N.