Anyone take etodolac (Lodine) for pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Apr 24, 2009.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

My new doc just gave me a prescrip for Lodine. It's an NSAID and I'm afraid it's going to bug my acid reflux/GERD. She gave me a Prilosec prescrip with it. Does anyone know if Lodine works any better than Aleeve or any of the other NSAIDS?
  2. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

the Lodine yet ? I have no idea about the Lodine--sorry no help on that.
    If you've started the Lodine, how is this helping you ? i do take the Aleeve but before i do that, i take a nexium and let that work a bit before any other meds.

i have little appetite but i do eat something before the nexium.
    acid reflux/GERD is the pits isn't it. Have you tried liquid Carafate(prescription) it may help ease Gerd.

Wish you Well
  3. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I'm hoping to pick it up from the pharmacy today. They didn't have any in stock when I dropped the prescrip off. I guess we'll find out if it's any good. I'd still rather not take an NSAID.
  4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

Took one at eleven thirty this morning. It's the 200mg dose. It did NOTHING. Might as well have taken a placebo. I just took two, cause you can take 400mg at a time. Let's see if that does anything. If not, the doc is going to have to give me something that actually works. So far, this stuff is crap.
  5. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

It took three hours for two pills to do anything. And all it's done is dull some of the pain, but not much. I get better results with Aleeve. And this junk has given me a weird heart feeling and made me uber tired. And I'm queasy from it and had to take another prilosec. I just plain do not recommend Lodine at all. I'll have to ask the doc for something else.