Anyone take gabapentin and tramadol for Fibro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

This week has been very painful to say the least--I've had horrible muscle spasms.

This week though, it seems like I've needed more of the gabapentin and less of the tramadol. Does that happen to any of you too?

I have also taken Robaxin muscle relaxers this week in trying to get relief, but I think maybe the gaba is what I needed the most.

2. luigi21

luigi21 Member

hi Beadlady

i took Gabapentin for 3 years with good results, after that i had to keep upping the dose and i didn't get along with the side affects. But i'd say it was a good drug for distancing you from pain. i tried it again resently but didnt get on with it as it made me distant from my emotions, but certainly worked for pain for me, just second time round didn't like that it numbed me off emotionally.

all the best
  3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

25 mg (half of a pill) and it takes about an hr. to kick in. If after that time I'm still hurting a lot I take the other half. In the mean time I use ice packs alternating with heat packs. If it's during the day I use caffeined coffee, but early evening I have a glass of wine. I know you're warned but I know my body and what I need to cut the pain. I don't drink any wine after dinner so I will perk another cup of coffee.

Tramadol is the only pain killer I use, aside from ibuprofen. I try to use meditation also.