Anyone take lortab for pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hagardreams, Nov 12, 2005.

1. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I have been on Lortab for about 4 weeks, and they seemed to help for about a week or two, now all they do is help with sleep. That in itself is wonderful, but the pain is still there. Just checking in, any advise would be greatly apprecitated. God bless, Julie
  2. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

i take lortab on occasion. it is the kind of drug you can build a resistenct to easily. it keeps me awake instead of making me tired, so i only take it at work every once ina while. it also upsets my tummy.
  3. maripat

maripat New Member

Anything with Hydrocodone has a tendency to keep you awake if not a little "buzzed"
    If you eat a piece of toast or something else (small amount) it will usually keep the queesy stomach at bay,
    I take 2 10mg Vicodin daily, but only in the morning and only if I need to.
    best of luck
    maripat
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I also find they keep me awake so I don't take them at night. I usually just take one with my morning meds and that is all.

Unless I'm in a flare, I don't take more than one a day. I have found that one can build up a physical dependence on the med pretty quickly.

Hugs,
    Faye

5. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

Thanks for all the responses, I am wondering what I should do as far as the unbarable pain. I am not that worried about additction, as with all my health problems, I really dont see myself being here much longer. The only thing I do worry about is suffering. I am so tired of pain, and I have been on darvocets for over 10 years. That was basiclly only during my cycle. I have been on the darvocets everyday for the last 2 1/2 years everyday. They have helped the pain, a lot, but they dont relax me like the lortabs do. I guess I am just afraid of taking them too long and they not working after a certain amount of time. I could be around for a few more years, and dont want to be without something for pain. Thanks again for all the resonses. God bless, Julie