Anyone take prednisone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Flaxen, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Flaxen

Flaxen New Member

My dumb doc wants to try me on prednisone until i can see the R-gist..I hate to feel like a guinea pig..should I try it or just hang in with advil and elavil(he won't refill vicoprofen(great) i am at the end of my rope.Thanks.
  2. Sachmo

Sachmo New Member

My daughter has taken prednisone. She is very asthmatic.

She has only taken it for a short time to get through severe attacks.

It will cause you to swell because it is a steroid. Also, my daughter has a harder time sleeping when taking prednisone.

Does your doctor think it will help with pain? It is my understanding that it only helps with allergy reactions.

3. hurts2003

hurts2003 New Member

I took it for 2 weeks when the dr was trying to find out what was wrong with me. He first told me I had cat scratch fever because my limpnodes were so swollen in my neck that I couldn't turn my head. When I went back to him, he wanted to give me more of it and i refused to take it. My husband told me if I took anymore of it he would 'move out' I was a royal 'B'ee with an 'itch' as my daughter puts it. I could not stand myself or anyone else. I will never take that again if I can help it, but my Mom takes it for RA and really does well with it. She said it really helps with the pain a lot.