Anyone take Vitamin k2 for heart health ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deepak, Apr 10, 2012.

1. deepak

deepak Member

I know this is off the board topic but since such knowlegeable people here I thought I would ask.

Have been reading about Vitamin K2 and how it has the ability to reduce arterial calcifications. Read a detailed report on the Life Extensions site. It seems so interesting - it has shown to actually reduce arterial calcifications by upto 50 % in animal trials.

Just started taking it myself and giving it to mom -

2. deepak

deepak Member

I understand your concern about Vitamin K and I too had the same. I spoke to the people at Life Extension and they said there was no risk regarding the clotting thing - they have a detailed explanation on their site.

What is interesting to me is that it actually can reverse plaque and that is kind of big but since you have bought this up - I am going to again ask them and clear doubts.

I read just taking calcium and vitamin D actually can also deposit calcium in the arteries and that Vitamin K draws it out of there and to the bones where it is needed.

You can just go on the life extension site and type Vitamin K2 - a lot of information there.

Love always,