Anyone take Zoloft for pain only?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sueliza, Nov 15, 2006.

1. sueliza

sueliza New Member

I tried Cymbalta and was sick to my stomach for a week after only one dose, so my doctor wants to try Zoloft. I am only going to take 25mg to start with since I seem to be so sensitive to these drugs.

Has anyone been on this low of a dose and did you see any improvement in pain? Did you need to take it with food?

Thanks for the info!

Sue
  2. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I tried Zoloft a few years ago and could not stay on it d/t side effects. The nausea was very bad, as well as dizzyness and increased fatigue. I was also on 25mg. All these drugs are fairly similar.
    That being said, we are all different of course and you may respond differently. This was just my experience.

Good Luck
    Kathy
  3. sueliza

sueliza New Member

Thanks, I think I will wait to start it until Sat, then I can lay around if I feel badly on it!

Anyone else been on this at such a low dose?

Thanks!
  4. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I was on zoloft and I have to tell you, it didn't do anything for pain! But, at least I wasn't depressed about it!

I just went to a new Psychiatrist yesterday because I am having some problems with depression again, and I asked her about cymbalta. She has a number of FMS patients and she said that she does not prescribe it anymore, because of all the side-effects and the fact that none of her FMS patients was able to get off of their pain meds while on it. Also, my insurance will not cover it because it is so expensive. Darn, I was hoping it would be the ticket for me!

I do take tramadol and neurontin and that takes care of my pain pretty well. Have you tried tramadol? Tramadol affects serotonin and norepinephrine and also has mild opiate type effects on pain.

In short, I doubt that zoloft will take away your pain.

Take care, Sally
  5. sueliza

sueliza New Member

I do take ultram, 25 or 50mg late in the day and it does help most days.

I don't understand why one of these ad's would be good for pain and others not. I know that Cymbalta is an SSNRI and Zoloft is just an SSRI? I think that is right.

Oh well, I am going to give it a shot tomorrow and if I don't get too sick I will stay on it for a few weeks.

Thanks!