Anyone taken Chantix?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by upway2early, Mar 31, 2009.

1. upway2early

upway2early New Member

I have Fibromyalgia and have just started taking Chantix to assist me in stop smoking. I am wondering if anyone esle w/fibro has used this medication and if so, what kind of side effects if any did you have?

I started the medication yesterday and woke up this morning in more pain than I have experienced in awhile. I have done nothing to flare myself up therefore I am wondering if there is a link to taking the new med. It was prescribed by my pain mgmt doc who treats my fibro so I assumed she knows what she is doing but you never know.

If anyone can offer an opinion, past experience I would appreciate it.

Thank you, Shawn
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

There is a great Fibro board here with great people. You may want to post there to get answers from the most Fibro people as possible. Good luck.
  3. Rgonza2

Rgonza2 New Member

I have FM and I used chantix to help me quit smoking. It worked great for me! I liked the fact that I didn't have to quit cold keep smoking for the first week while the drug is getting into your system. After the first week, I put them down for good and continued with the starter pack, but didn't even have to go get any of the refills. It was so great for me, that I even went back to the pharmacist that had recommended it and thanked him for his advice!! Good luck and I hope your results work as well for you as they did for me.
    Best wishes,

[ advertisement ]