Anyone taken Chantix?

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by upway2early, Mar 31, 2009.

1. upway2early

upway2early New Member

I have Fibromyalgia and have just started taking Chantix to assist me in stop smoking. I am wondering if anyone esle w/fibro has used this medication and if so, what kind of side effects if any did you have?

I started the medication yesterday and woke up this morning in more pain than I have experienced in awhile. I have done nothing to flare myself up therefore I am wondering if there is a link to taking the new med. It was prescribed by my pain mgmt doc who treats my fibro so I assumed she knows what she is doing but you never know.

If anyone can offer an opinion, past experience I would appreciate it.

Thank you, Shawn
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

There is a great Fibro board here with great people. You may want to post there to get answers from the most Fibro people as possible. Good luck.
  3. Rgonza2

Rgonza2 New Member

Hi,
    I have FM and I used chantix to help me quit smoking. It worked great for me! I liked the fact that I didn't have to quit cold turkey..you keep smoking for the first week while the drug is getting into your system. After the first week, I put them down for good and continued with the starter pack, but didn't even have to go get any of the refills. It was so great for me, that I even went back to the pharmacist that had recommended it and thanked him for his advice!! Good luck and I hope your results work as well for you as they did for me.
    Best wishes,
    Rgonza2