anyone taken pamelor?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by freeatlast37, Dec 21, 2005.

1. freeatlast37

freeatlast37 New Member

Well my next drug to try is pamelor (nortriptyline)
    It seems like it never ends, I am in this cycle of trying drugs calling my neuro and telling her it didnt work, on to the next drug, does anyone else have this problem?
  2. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

It didn't help, to Raise my Pain Tolernce (sp?) as the Neuro said it would.
    It gave me Nightmares, same with Deyseryl, which is another one that gave me nightmares, and an out of it feeling.

Elivil, (sp?) made me like a zombie, a Train could have run through the house I wouldn't have cared.

So I no longer, try them, my Dr.s don't push for me to take them either.
    They now Understand that these Med.s don't always work the way they are suppose on me.
    sharonk
  3. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

I took Pamelor and it made me very dizzy and lethargic. I could not function on it. Had to go off of it. The side effects were awful for me. But, everyone is different and it works for some. It never hurts to try it and see.
  4. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

I've been taking it for over a year. It does not help my pain, but it does allow me to get a better night's sleep than before. It takes about 4-6 weeks on the appropriate does to feel the benefits though. Usually they start you on 10 mg, then 20, 30 etc. I am at 70 mg, and sleeping much better than I did before I was taking it.

Leanne

[ advertisement ]