Anyone takes cymbalta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by detsgirl, Aug 30, 2006.

1. detsgirl

detsgirl New Member

Hello,

I was wondering who tried Cymbalta and what were your side effects? Also, how long did it take to work. Today is my 2nd day. I have noticed dry mouth, but that is it.

Thanks Guys!
    Teresa
  2. detsgirl

detsgirl New Member

about an hour after each time I took it, my heart races for a while.

3. purplepooh

purplepooh New Member

Hi,

I have taken cymbalta for 6 months now . all i've had is dry mouth.

later,

Melissa
  4. myalgiamania

myalgiamania New Member

I took cymbalta. at first it worked ok but then I began to get severe nausea. It didn't help enough to keep taking it. I now take ultram 2, 4times a day 50mg, and balacet 1, 6 times a day 325mg. I may need something stronger but its better than anything else i've tried.
  5. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

I take 30mg every morning after I eat. The first day I took it I also took it with something else and I got a little naseous (SP?, found out it was the Chromium that was making me sick. So I started back on the Cymbalta and it has been 3 weeks and I have had no adverse affects.
  6. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

I have been taking it now for 6 weeks.

I have gotten a little dry mouth off and on, but nothing big. Very very slight headaches in the first week also. But otherwise it was great.

The first day I was on it, it made me loopy for some reason!

I take 20 mg in the a.m. and 20 mg in the p.m. It has probably cut my pain down by about 50% I would say. I take it in combination with Vicodin 7.5/ 750 mg one every 6 hours, zanaflex 8mg before bed and mirapex 1 mg three times a day.

Overall, I would say that all of these meds have given me a 75% reduction in pain.

Take care,
    Stephanie
  7. detsgirl

detsgirl New Member

I appreciate all your replies. I'm going to stick with it. I know it takes awhile before it starts working but I swear I see a difference already!!

Teresa