ANYONE TAKING AMBIEN FOR SLEEP?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hdbubblehead, Sep 4, 2005.

1. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

I WAS JUST PRESCRIBED AMBIEN FOR SLEEP. I WAS TAKING RESTORIL, AND HAVE TRIED PLENTY OF ANTI-DEPRESSANTS OVER THE YEARS.
    BTW- INSOMNIA IS A HISTORY IN MY FAMILY.
    I, PERSONALLY HAVE A TENDANCY TO STAY UP ALL NIGHT AND GET THINGS DONE RATHER THEN IN THE DAY.
    I HAVE NOT TRIED AMBIEN, CAUSE I WANT TO HEAR FROM SOMEONE ELSE'S EXPERIENCE. LET ME KNOW PLEASE......PEACE..
  2. Musica

Musica New Member

Is Ambien the one they say to take right before you go to sleep because it works that quickly? I e-mailed my sleep doc about some issues with CPAP and asked about the use of meds to help sleep during the adjustment phase. He said they use Ambien sometimes.
  3. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

She does nto always need it but sometimes she does and she loves it. Works good for her.She takes ALOT of othermeds. too.
  4. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

WHEN I READ YOU NOTE, THAT HAD ME
    ROLLIN ON THE FLOOR LAUGHIN OUT LOUD!

5. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

that Med. and some other sleepers actually Wired me.
    I am still groggy on them, but the mind won't relax on them, I start cleaning my house.

I currently an trying Halicon, one of the older sleepers, but I sure wish they still made Seconal and Tunial, trouble is back in the 70's, they were used for Party drugs.
    Shesssess, you find a good med, and someone will find a opposite way to use it.

I do find on the day's that I have the GK's, I sleep like a log, for a whole 5 hours, instead of the 3 restless ones, I normaly have.

Good luck, I know Ambien works for others, and yes, you can have Romantic dreams, on them, shall we say, (wink wink) ;o)
  6. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

DID YOU KNOW... AMBIEN COST ME $96.00 FOR 30 TINY TABS,
    DANG, IT BETTER WORK.

MY RESEARCH WITH EXPERIENCED PRESCRIPTION MEDICATION FRIENDS HAVE TOLD ME THIS WEEKEND THAT SHE TAKES AMBIEN AND SHE TOLD ME, "YOU WILL LIKE IT" I QUOTE HER, AND SHE HAS BEEN ON OXYGEN FOR 12 YRS, AND ABOUT 100 OTHER MEDS TO KEEP HER GOING. SHE IS IN BED, A HOSPITAL BED IN THE MIDDLE OF HER LIVING ROOM, AND SHE IS 87 YRS OLD. WE USED TO LIVE ACCROSS THE STREET, IN THE GOOD OL DAYS. SHE IS MY "TOUCHSTONE" AS FAR AS LONG TIME FRIENDS GO. SHE & HER HUSBAND ARE SUPER DUPER PEOPLE. HE JUST PASSED ON THIS YR. AT THE AGE OF 90, BUT WHAT A LIFE HE HAD, HE WAS A NAVAGATOR IN WW2 (YA GOTTA BE SMART) AND HIS STORY WAS THAT HE WAS SHOT DOWN IN GERMANY AND WENT UNDERGROUND AS WONDERFUL PEOPLE HELPED HIM THROUGH BELGIUM, ETC. AS SHE WAITED A YEAR FOR HIM AS MISSING IN ACTION.
    (ANYWAYS, BACK TO THE SUBJECT)
    AMBIEN........SO FAR, I HAVE TAKEN A HALF TAB.
    BROCK, BROCK, BROCK BAKAAAAA...thats chicken talk.
    SHE DID WARN ME THAT YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO SLEEP FOR AT LEAST 8 HOURS, MAYBE MORE, SO IF YA HAVE A DATE, WELL LIKE KATE SAYS, "WATCH OUT" BE WITH SOMEONE SAFE OR STAY HOME.
    LOL.
    PS. YA BRUIN- I WORK OPPOSITE ON MOST MEDS, ITS WEIRD, SO WE SHALL SEE MAYBE TOMORROW I WILL TRY A 20MG.
    UPPERS BURN ME OUT,(TOO MUCH ENERGY, DOWNERS WAKE ME UP AND I CLEAN OR GO OUT..I NEVER KNOW..
    AND I AGREE, WHATEVER HAPPENED TO SECONAL, DID WE ABUSE IT THAT MUCH? WE MEANING ROLLERSKATING ON "REDS" LOL
    BAD PUDDY! SHAME SHAME. LOL. I SAY WE PROTEST!!
    BRUIN- IS IT BANNED FOR REAL, AND WHAT HAPPENED TO "SOMA"
    KAISER PERMANENTE DOCTORS WON'T GIVE EVEN TO ME. AND I GOT A WORLD OF INFLAMMATION BUT THEY GIVE 10MG OF VALIUM.
    I AM IN A PAIN MANAGEMENT PROGRAM. THEY KNOW ME, AND WHAT BETTER PLACE TO TEST THE DRUGS I SAY ARE HELPFUL, CAUSE I MUST BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR EVERY SINGLE PILL. GO FIGURE.
    WHAT A SYSTEM .........SHEEEESH-THANKS FOR ALL INPUTS, HELPED ALOT...MAYBE WE COULD SIGN A PETITION ABOUT MEDS. STATING, IF YOUR IN A MANAGEMENT PROGRAM, YOU SHOULD BE ALOUD A "DRUG OF CHOICE" AS THEY SAY.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2005]
  7. another_painful_day

another_painful_day New Member

I took AMbien years ago....I didnt tolerate it well (nor do I ANY medication LOL). I would wake up hung over and Id cry at a drop of a hat. It acted as a depressant for me. Im already depressed LOL I didnt need something helping THAT along.
    Best wishes.
    -Diane
  8. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

i had a rough night, but got some things done, I padded my bed with two layers of comforters, for the "triger points", so i wouldn't hurt so much. but my neck, from the tension of being awake, is like a burning sensation!
    i have had enough meds to put a horse to sleep.
    i even tried my first 10 mg of ambien with hesatensy.
    lol , is that a word. tis now.

MOTHER, may I,(lol) take another or will i sleep tomorrow when it all "hits" me.
    ok, half then. i dont care at this point, i need to sleep.
    everytime i close my eyes and its nice n quite, i think,
    then i start crying. maybe thats what i need, a good cry.
    I miss alot of loved ones who are gone, but I sure wish my x husband had stayed by my side through this DD.

he is coming around now, and calling too after 2 years.
    how dare him. i can't go to him though i would love too, but we divoriced and he was with someone after that and i can't, aint no way!! my pride would not handle it.
    i just miss his strong comforting hugs.the sob waaaaaaaaaah
    he could put me to sleep without sleeping pills.
    just for the record here, i miss my x today.teardrops on my pillow, pain in my heart over yooo oowhooou (it sounds better n person,
    good nite for now... xx hd
    [This Message was Edited on 09/05/2005]
  9. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

but I take trazadone for the more natural feeling sleep
  10. fibromaster

fibromaster New Member

Reading your profile sounds like me. Have you had your hormones checked. Most doctors want check them you have to go to a endocrinologist usually at a university hospital. People with our problems usually have several hormonal problems. I would have these hormones checked.

Growth hormone
    ACTH
    prolactin
    TSH
    FREE T4
    Free T3
    aldosterone
    cortisol
    estrogen
    progesterone
    testosterone
    DHEA
    FSH
    Anti-TPO
    Anti-Tg

I tried Ambien when I first got sick and it didn't help me sleep I was still awake at 4 am. Trazadone was better but it left a hangover until I got adjusted. As with everyone, their body reacts differently to medication. I wish you well in getting better.
  11. elsa

elsa New Member

I've never had ambien as it would make my sleep disorder worse, but I know alot of people have had good success with it. I understand that you might build a tolerence for it after a while ...but I could be missinformed on that.

I take lunesta. It is very quick acting but not scarey
    or aggressive acting. It works well for me in that if I wake up I will fall back to sleep ...not easy for me w/out lunesta. It is for people who 1. can't fall asleep and 2. can't stay asleep.

Good luck on this. Maybe put ambien in the search bar.
    You'll probably find alot of information on it.

Elsa

12. hdbubblehead

hdbubblehead New Member

your peronal sharing helped me decide, and i took the ambien and have been able to sleep on and off 2-3 hours at a time, but very restful.
    (maybe cause i figure it costs so much i am going to make it work.) LOL..
    really,, thank you. xxhd
  13. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

;o) even 2-3hr's of sleep is better than none, at least for me it is.
    I hope the Ambien will work for you, and since your going to take it for awhile, it might work bettert, the longer your on it.

I stopped it because it wired me, then I would fall asleep only to wake again in an hour. Groggy too.
    Did you get groggy from it?

I found yesterday, that my Brother in the NH, get's one a night, and he say's he's sleeping better, so I am Happy that it works for him, he sure has been through the mill lately.

Glad your going to give it a good trail, and yes aren't the Prices outraggeous these day's?
    Sharonk