Anyone Taking Chlorella Supplements?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ~Sibyle~, Jan 14, 2006.

1. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

How is it working for you? Are there any bad side effects?

I am considering this supplement and am interested in some feedback.

Thanks!
  2. darude

darude New Member

Only side effect is it increases the fatigue so make sure you can sleep alot. It's detoxing the body!
  3. ~Sibyle~

~Sibyle~ New Member

Do you take spirulina with it?

I forgot to ask how much you take and the brand also. Does it differ from brand to brand?
    [This Message was Edited on 01/14/2006]
  4. tansy

tansy New Member

which was really amazing, but I did start on a very low dose and built it up gradually, and I had made some progress with other Tx which may have lowered my overall toxin load.

I tried chlorella again because it helps with excretion of the toxins from die off. In the past it would upset my GI tract and the iodine in it would trigger hyperthyroid episodes. GI tract symptoms are probably the most common side effect, it's said to mean it's needed but I am sure there are some cases where it is not tolerated full stop.

Those who do best on a fairly high carb diet tend to find tolerating chlorella eaiser, those who do best on a moderately low carb diet may need to start low and go slow.

Until recently I also took spirulina and enjoyed the benefits from that; however I was aware of two potential problems so I was prepared to stop taking it if necessary. Spirulina is a rich source of GLA, an omega 6 fatty acid, I do better with omega 3. Spirulina also supports the immune system so can be a problem in auto immune and over reactive IS disorders. It looks as though these two qualities may have caused me problems after I'd been on it a while, so I have stopped taking it for now, and will try it again later on just to see.

Neither of these algaes made me more tired; indicating how different we all are.

Tansy
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I've been taking chlorella for some time to help detox., especially from mercury. I've had no side effects from it. I do not take Spirulina at present.

Kathy.
  6. darude

darude New Member

Just Chlorella here three times a day with meals. I use the brand from MERCOLA.