Anyone taking Clonazepam have success tapering off?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by earthdog2000, Jul 18, 2012.

1. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Hey all, I have not been here for a long time but I was wondering if anyone else here had tried to taper off of Clonazepam and had any success? Thanks in advance to one and all!
    Love & Peace, Julie
  2. FaithHopeCure

FaithHopeCure New Member

I have successfully tapered down and stopped using the Clonazepam and started using L-theanine during the day and GABA supplements at night. I don't miss it at all. I no longer take any prescription meds, for me they were making me sicker. I went through some sleepless nights recently but I choose to do Acupuncture and I slowly got back on track. So far so good, I have not taking any Clonazepam for four months now. Yeah!
  3. jc16551

jc16551 New Member

Hi Julie,

You should have a visit with and a evaluation with a neurologist before deciding to taper off a benzodiazapine ( Klonopin), and especially if you have been taking it at higher dosages for a long period of time.

What made you decide to taper off this medication? It is usually very helpful for those with CFS, and is relatively non-toxic in the long-run?

Depending on dosage / duration of administration, a taper can be a very tedious process and take over 2yrs to complete.

Dr. Dan
  4. earthdog2000

earthdog2000 Member

Thanks so much to everyone!
    I truly appreciate all of your replies and now have a plan I feel I can work with. I called my dr. today and he said to taper down slowly from 1 pill at night to 1/2 at night and 1/2 during the day only if I am having an anxiety attack. I tried it last night and actually slept pretty good ( though I did wake up once ) and didn't even need a 1/2 today at all. I was feeling like taking a whole pill at night and a 1/2 during the day prn was just too much and I was becoming somewhat dependent on the Klonopin! Now I really think I can do it even having Fibro, CFS, Panic Disorder and Bipolar 11. what a good feeling to actually go down on my meds and not up for a change!
    Thanks again for all of the help and support,
    Good health, Peace & Hope, Julie