Anyone taking CQ10,Omega 3's. Has it helped?When to take?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Jul 21, 2006.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I finally decided to try something new. Ordered from the store here. I'm always so scared to take meds. Never know how they will affect me. But guess if I'm ever gonna try and feel better I better be willing to try something. What is the best way to take these two meds,morning or evening? It says to take with meals and I can do that even though I don't eat right. I always worry about interactions with everything. Can you tell I worry too much about everything.LOL.. I still think my thyroid is causing some of this fatigue.

Keke
  2. namow

namow New Member

Yes, I am taking both and there is nothing to worry about, and I am a person who worries a lot!!!!

The CoQ10 has helped with energy, not a lot but one time that I didn't have it I notice the difference. I take it with breakfast.

THe omega 3 I take one three times a day with each meal. I notice that my good cholesterol increased and suppose to be good for many things.

I also have thyroid problems so I know that a lot of my fatigue comes from that. Also have EBV and HHV-6 and candida!

Good luck!
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I take both with other supplements. I think the CQ10 helps my energy levels but cant say how much with the way this illness fluctuates. I take 120mg a day. I read that twice that dose was ideal but it's an expensive supplement in UK.

Rosie
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Hi Keke,
    I also take both. There are no interactions with any of my meds. I take 200 mg of COQ10 and divide it, 100 mg. in the morning and the rest with dinner. The Omega 3s, I take in the morning but I'm not sure it matters.
    The COQ 10 seems to help with energy and the O3s have an anti inflammatory effect among other things. I also take a thyroid med. Have you been tested for this?

Kathy.
  5. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

I do not take COQ10, but I do take Omega3 at my dr's advice. She told me to take one in the morning and one at night.

If you are only going to be taking one, I would think it best to take it in the morning.

Linda
  6. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I take both but I can not tell you if any one thing has helped me except I do know that magnesium seems to help with the pain in my legs.

I wish I could feel a difference.

7. ruby711

ruby711 New Member

I take both and I like the effect they have. The CoQ10 seems to help me with heart palpitations and the omegas help with skin, hair and hopefully internal things-but don't really notice. I also take the lowest dose of armoir thyroid which has helped me with energy and all over body strength.Wouldn't want to go without it.
    I did not have low thyroid results from blood work and I doubt most traditional docs wud prescribe it but I found alternative doc willing to give it to me accd to symptoms and other blood work results.
    ruby
  8. tansy

tansy New Member

Hi Rosie

UK prices make it too expensive for me also. I buy pharmaceutical quality Co Q 10 from Betterlife in the US; it works out much cheaper. I buy my acetly l carnitine in the UK from a company called zip vit. Using AlC and Mg seems to make a lower dose of Co Q 10 (ie 100mg), more effective; this is most obvious in my muscles which have been severely affected.

One day, when I can afford it, I will raise my doses. Atm I'm not even going to try ribose; feedback on ribose has indicated it can be a problem for some so I've put on the shelf for now.

Omega 3

I use fish oil because it does not need to be converted in the body. I have problems with flax so don't use it anyway.

TC, Tansy