Anyone taking Dilaudid?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Charleen, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Charleen

Charleen New Member

Would like to know if anyone is taking Dilaudid for pain? Doc maybe switching me and would like to know if anyone has had good/bad results, and also what dosage you are on.
    Any information would be appreciated
    Thanks Charleen
  2. HagerTX

HagerTX New Member

I had Dilaudid once, given to me in my IV as I was waking up from Sinus surgery. It gave me a rash, induced panic and my body started to seize up.
  3. beverly20024

beverly20024 New Member

My doctor prescribed dilaudid for my really bad days. Unfortunately after taking it, I couldn't breathe. It felt like there were 200 lbs. sitting on my chest. My doctor said that was the typical allergy to it and never to take it again. Like I needed to be told! But that's just me...

Take care,
    Bev
  4. and, it did absolutely nothing for my pain, but, it gave me horrendous stomach pain & bloating. Pain doctor said this too, was a common symptom, and to 'continue taking my 'senekot'

well, that didn't matter, I was still in HORRIBLE pain in my STOMACH not bowels, stomach to my CHEST pain! I was on 2mg 4 times a day, by the way... since you asked dosages..

So, i finally took the remaining pills back to the doctors office and told my doctors nurses to take the pills back, that they could have them (politely) because i was not going to take another one as long as I lived.

Now, the I.V. form, and even IM shot in the ER does not do that to me, and DOES help my pain, I can only wonder if it is all the fillers?? and junk they put in pills?? or the way my body metabolizes pills, especially since I have had my gallbladder taken out in 2000, that makes a lot of pills less effective than the shots, because, I run into that with many medications, and not just pain medication.

They either do absolutely nothing for me, work too well for me, work once for me and then never again, or just as soon as i adjust to the *side effects*, I'm also completely tolerent of them as well, and they no longer work, ever again. It's unreal, and completely frustrating, because it is very hard to get through to doctors...because it doesn't even make any sense to me.

Anyways, good luck to you, and I hope you find something effective for your pain,

Dilaudid works well for a lot of people, don't let these few posts discourage you just because it didn't work for us...
    It helps my friend with migraines really well,

Take care

Laura