anyone taking evening primrose oil?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by over50, Oct 2, 2005.

1. over50

over50 New Member

Ilovecats,I saw an old post that you were taking it.
    How did it go for you?
    Any info appreciated.
    Love,Linda
  2. deliarose

deliarose New Member

I take evening primrose oil blended with EPA or fish oil... large quantities...8 capsules a day.. I think it took the edge off my fatigue.

Noticed a difference in 6 weeks. I use a brand called VegEPA which I get from England but my doc said another brand called Efamol (also from England) is pretty good.

(I think Efamol is evening oil not fish oil but u cld do a quick google to check.)

Cheers
    Delia
  3. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Linda,
    I was asking for information on it as I was thinking of taking it. I never got the info and never started to use it.

I can't remember but there was some interaction between EPO and some med(s) I was taking. Can't remember what it was now. I would need to find the original post that I made. With the fog, I just can barely remember what I wrote. lol

Wish I could help you.

Hugs,
    Faye
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

So because I'm on Diclofenac, a NSAID, I am not supposed to take Evening Primrose Oil.

I never tried it, Linda. Sorry... Wish I could be of more help to you. Because I have gastroparesis, most supplements cause stomach pain for me and I end up giving up on them. So, I am very hesitant on even trying them very often. I seem to just waste money...

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I take Evening Primrose daily along with my other supplements and always with food.

Do they work, honestly I dont know, I hope so, I spend enough money on supplements.

love
    Rosie
  6. over50

over50 New Member

I will update,I have only been on for a couple of weeks.I know the article said take it with fish oil,niacin and well,cant remember what else.
    So looks like doesnt help with memory.LOL
    It would be nice to find something cheap and safe to make it better for us.
    Love ya,Linda