Anyone taking Glutamine for gut problems?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mlw, Sep 9, 2002.

1. mlw

mlw New Member

Hi everybody: Just came from the immunologist. I was advised to start taking Glutamine because the Ig for clepsilia (Sp?) has not going down. I asked what that was and the Dr. said it was somehting found in either the intestinal tract or the lungs. I understood about taking something new for my intestinal tract but what the hell is clepsillia??? I tried to look at the file quickly but didn't get a chance. Help
    MLW
  2. mlw

mlw New Member

Hi everybody: Just came from the immunologist. I was advised to start taking Glutamine because the Ig for clepsilia (Sp?) has not going down. I asked what that was and the Dr. said it was somehting found in either the intestinal tract or the lungs. I understood about taking something new for my intestinal tract but what the hell is clepsillia??? I tried to look at the file quickly but didn't get a chance. Help
    MLW
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Heres some information on Glutamine, but do you have the word 'Clepsillia' spelled right? I can't seem to find it anywhere for you!

Check the spelling and make a post and I will try to find some information for you.

If you like, go to the 'Store' link, Pro Health does sell Clutamine in two forms.

Hope this helps.

Shalom, Shirl

------------------------------------------------------------

GlutImmune
    Glutamine powder for digestion & immunity

·Provides support for digestive, immune, & brain functions
    ·Covalent bonded glutamine powder for exceptional absorption
    ·Delivers 10 times more glutamine to the blood stream

GlutImmune™ is a convenient high absorption source of glutamine. Glutamine is an amino acid that promotes improved immune system and brain function, balanced blood sugar levels, increased muscle mass, and digestive tract health. GlutImmune™ efficiently delivers 10 times more glutamine than other formulas to provide you with optimal support for the body’s functions.
    Glutamine is used by immune system and intestinal cells as fuel during cell replication. Without proper levels of glutamine, immune system activity can decrease, and the strength of the intestinal lining may weaken, rendering the body more prone to infection. In addition, glutamine is important to replenishing glycogen (stored energy) in muscle tissue, and maintaining muscle mass and strength.
    Additionally, glutamine plays a role in maintaining healthy brain function as a source of energy for the nervous system, as a key factor in the production of brain neurotransmitters, and an ammonia detoxifier. Ammonia is a substance implicated in the development of neurodegenerative diseases. When levels of ammonia become toxic, it interferes with neuron metabolism, and affects ATP production (the body’s energy source), as well as promotes the development of harmful free radicals. Glutamine helps prevent toxicity by functioning as a key pathway for ammonia detoxification.

GlutImmune™ contains covalent bonded glutamine. This refined form of glutamine offers greater stability and delivers up to 10 times more glutamine to the blood stream than other forms, and is dairy free. This chemical construction provides exceptional absorption abilities in the intestines, including a more balanced and faster uptake of amino acids. GlutImmune™ is stable in liquid and can be added to your favorite drink or semi-solid food for nutritious refreshment.

4. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

I have been taking l-glutamine for almost a year now. Just recently I switched to Glutimmune, which Shirl gave you information on. While it isn't the best tasting product (regular powdered l-glut. is tasteless) it has made a signficant mark on my gut lining; candida antibodies have decreased. However, I really doubt l-glut. does anything for klebsiella, which is a bacteria.

When I begain taking l-glut., my great smokies stool test showed only citrobacter freundii. I took candibactinAR for that, all the while taking l-glut. When I took another stool test, months later, the citrobacter was gone, but in its place was klebsiella. So, now I'm switching to CandibactinBR which has berberine, a natural ingredient which kills the klebsiella bacteria. Of course my level is minimal, but in some cases, if its really high, antibiotics are given. My dr. chose not to go the antibiotic route as I have just gotten my yeast levels down and don't wanna go down that road again.

Hope this helps,
    Annette
  5. mlw

mlw New Member

Dear Annette: First of all I was hoping you would reply to my post and sure enough you did. You are incredibly knowleadgeable on this stuff, and now I understand what you are saying. Can I get CandibactiBR from our website store?

How are you doing with Famvir?

Pls. let me know.

MLW
  6. AnnetteP

AnnetteP New Member

Unfortunately, you cannot get CandibactinBR at this site; its a Metagenics product. But, you could probably give them a call and ask what they have to kill klebsiella; they may sell berberine or another product that will likely do the trick.

As far as famvir goes, you must have me confused with someone else. I took it years ago, and for a short time. I have no need to continue taking it (I have no active infection of EBV or HSV-1), but if I did, I would switch to a natural antiviral this time.

Good luck,
    Annette
  7. mlw

mlw New Member

Thanks Shirley, I will buy Glutamine and see if it works.
    MLW
  8. mlw

mlw New Member

Thanks Annette: I went into Metagenics website, got their 800 number, and placed the order for CandibactinBR. Hopefully I will see the numbers/titres go down when they do the test again. Sorry I got you confused with HHV6.
    PS. I will also order glutimmune as well.

Thanks- you have been very helpful!
    MLW