Anyone taking Lunesta

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mjgkennedy, Aug 22, 2005.

1. mjgkennedy

mjgkennedy New Member

For sleeping. Its quite new.

Mary
  2. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

My rheumy gave me samples last week to try. I've been taking Trazadone and thought that was doing well for me, but the doc thinks I must still not be sleeping well and wanted me to try Lunesta. However; I am not going to take it. First of all, I hardly slept at all while I took it. The mornings after I had taken it, I had horrible anxiety attacks AND I had a terrible bitter taste in my mouth that lasted all the following day. On the days I didn't take Lunesta the night before, I had neither the anxiety problem or the bad taste. I think I'll stick with the Trazadone.

Don't go by me though, I think I am just weird in the way I react to many medications. I've heard of several people who really like Lunesta. Hopefully you'll get plenty of good feedback!
    Sylvia
  3. elsa

elsa New Member

Hi Mary,

I have been taking lunesta for 2 months now. It has really been beneficial to me.

If you put my name in the search bar, you'll come up with alot of my posts on sleep and lunesta.

Also, you can type in "lunesta" and see alot of other people's thoughts on it.

Hope this helps you ....

Elsa
  4. WoodstocksMusic

WoodstocksMusic New Member

I have been taking it for about 4 months now.

Ambien was great for knocking me out fast, but I would sometimes wake up after 3 to 4 hours on the ambien.

The lunesta takes about 2 hours to knock me out but then I will sleep for 8 to 9 straight hours.

I seem to wake up more refreshed on the Lunesta and my sleep schedule was back to normal after about a month on it. I now can sometime sleep without anything for a week or 2 in a row.

The lunesta is very expensive however.
  5. shepsgirl

shepsgirl New Member

I have been taking Lunesta for 2 months and so far it's been working pretty well. It does give me a bad tast in my mouth but it only lasts a half hour now instead of days. I also take Tylenol 3 w/ codeine, Cymbalta 30mg, and Zanaflex 4-8 mg.

I have a problem with quickly building a tolerance to medication so I supplement with Amitriptyline 30 mg for sleep aid every so often just to break the cycle when the Lunesta isn't cutting it.

Overall, I think it's good but expensive.

shepsgirl