Anyone taking NADH and/or SAME?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Michell, Oct 10, 2002.

1. Michell

Michell New Member

Just wondering if anyone is taking those suppliments for cfs/fms and what results were obtained....thanks
    shell
  2. Michell

Michell New Member

Just wondering if anyone is taking those suppliments for cfs/fms and what results were obtained....thanks
    shell
  3. victoria

victoria New Member

I'm taking both these supplements. Originally I took SAMe for pain from a tiny bone spur (only seeable on an MRI) that caused a huge amount of pain in my ankle. It not only helped that (along with other supplements), but helped with energy. Felt better on high doses; the only side effect I found was that the high doses (over 1,000 mg)caused 'word pressure" - felt a need to talk/babble on, which I didn't like. So I tend to go up and down on dosage. It is cautioned that if you tend towards being manic, not to take it. I doubt that I have ever in my life been classified as manic.

NADH seems to help me with the brain fog most of all.

The thing I've found is that rather than trying to find the one 'magic' pill is that if I'm really good at taking ALL the supplements is that's when I feel the best. I just hate taking/swallowing/paying for all these pills so always tend to slack off after a while to see if I can get by on minimal number of supplements...but always end up coming back to them. If I could just get that thru my thick head....

Hope this helps you make a decision. My opinion is that its always worth a trial for a month. Just don't stop doing anything that's been helping, 'cause I think things often work together.
  4. vloga

vloga New Member

A friend of mine in NY had had cfs for 13 years, and had had to give up everything for some years, then slowly started doing what he could. He then went on NADH and suddenly got his life back overnight. But he did find that it was very easy to take too much, and there were side effects (I can't remember what), so he gradually worked out what worked for him. Last time I saw him he had more energy than he'd had 15 years ago. He says it's not a cure, just a way of helping him back to life, but he needs to keep taking it, with short breaks to allow his body to eliminate it and toxins.

He gave me some to bring back to the UK (we can't get it here, it's not licensed), and I tried it once but it made me sick and upset my stomach. Pity, cos I really was looking for the miracle cure.

If you try it, I really hope it works for you. He said not to give up for 3-6 months, as it doesn't work overnight and may not help for some months. People he knows tried it for 18 months before it kicked into their system.

Hope this helps.

Vloga