Anyone taking Omega 3 supplements?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by razorqueen, Feb 21, 2006.

1. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

Hi all,
    haven't be around for a while, be busy educating myself about my daughters Crohn's. I just started supplementing her with fish oil, which is supposed to help with inflamation and also with joint inflamation as well. She has started complaining about some joint pain. Most of us in our family do NOT like to eat fish. I'm thinking it might be a good thing for me too!

What do you all do?
    Raz
    p.s. make sure they are entric coated so you don't get the fish burps and taste. They disolve in the small intestine![This Message was Edited on 02/21/2006]
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

My husband and I are taking Dr Weill's Omega 3 supplements.There are 3 components to the supplement and we are taking it to try natural ways to lower cholesterol. His supplements are pricey but I do feel good about the quality of the product. I purchased the first couple of bottles on sale. I would like to know of an equal product that cost a little less if anyone knows of one. I'm glad to hear that it also helps with inflammation also.
  3. swimmer71

swimmer71 New Member

I purchased a bottle of Omega 3 supplement from the CVS vitamin aisle. I hope it is ok....doesn't sound fancy, but it claims to address inflamation. I read good things about Omega 3 online and figured it couldn't hurt.
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

My mother's doc told her to take the coated fish oil capsules for her chlorestrol. She started taking them and after taking them for a while, she said she wasn't burping them up and tasting the fish oil, but she said she thought she smelled like fish!!! She said she was not joking either!

So, she switched over to what I take, which is something called Super Omega Complex. It's like an oil capsule and I have taken it for a couple years with no problems -- and I don't smell like fish, either!! She has no complaints with it either!

I can not tell that it has done anything for my inflammation or joint pain, but it has reduced my chlorestrol by many points!!

I had to go back on some NSAID's for my joint pain. I tried about 3 that did not help, but then I tried Voltaren and it is helping with my joint pain! Thank goodness that the 4th time was the charm--instead of the 3rd time! LOL

I need something to control the inflammation in my body as I have systemic Lupus as well as arthritis all over my body.

Hugs,
    Janet