Anyone taking oral heparin or auto inject heparin?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jolie, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Jolie

Jolie New Member

Dear Friends,

I tested positive for two auntoimmune coagulation disorders on the Hemex ISAC panel.

My doc prescribed oral heparin troches, but I don't think they are working. We keep raising the dose (up tp 72,000 units daily), but when I go in for my blood ultrviolet irradiation treatments, my blood color is quite dark, and my blood tends to clot during the session.

The doctor there, where I get my ultaviolet sessions, says that the oral form isn't working, and that I should do auto-inject heparin..He says the auto-inject form doesn't hurt as much as regular heparin injections

Two questions:

Is anyone having success with heparin troches?

If someone is doing the auto-inject heparin, how is it going?

Thank you,

Good health to all

Love,

Jolie
  2. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

SHE INDICATED TO ME THAT THE ORAL ROUTE WAS NOT AS EFFECTIVE AS THE INJECTION OR NASAL SPRAY..BUT SHE USES THE NASAL SPRAY..BUT I THINK IT WAS ORDERED ESPECIALLY BY HER DOC? THAT A QUESTION I HAVE: Jelly, can one get the nasal spray thru conventional pharmacies?
  3. Jolie

Jolie New Member

Dear Plantscaper,

Thank you for tipping me off about there being a heparin nasal spray... A lot more appealing then two injections per day!

You said that Jelly has the most experience. I assume you mean Jellybean, whose name I see quite often on these posts.

I will post a message to her.

Thanks so much.

Love,

Jolie