Anyone taking Potaba or EMLA topical for CMP trigger pts.?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mujuer, Sep 30, 2008.

1. mujuer

mujuer New Member

I am going to the Dr. this week to see if she will consider using either of these meds for my persistent trigger points. From what I understand, Potaba is a Potasium compound and EMLA is a topical cream with Xanax in it. I would like to have something that will knock them out quick. My muscle relaxer works if I take it non-stop for several days and of course that means I am out of it for days and in bed.

Yes, I still use my therecane and the ball in the sock and I have them by my bed also for use thru the night. Most of the time these are all I need but there is the one that set up originally that just is so persistent. If anyone is taking anything else, please let me know that as well. Thanks guys. P
  2. Jude

Jude New Member

Dear Mujuer

Emla cream is Lidocaine and Prilocaine to be used topically. I have never found that it was effective for me for use with trigger points. The most effective thing that I have found for trigger point pain is to massage the trigger point and use hot rice socks. If you are able, repeat this process over and over as long as you an stand it.
  3. mujuer

mujuer New Member