Anyone taking Remeron?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Starla, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Starla

Starla New Member

My doc just changed me from Zoloft to Remeron. The Zoloft may not be keeping me awake where Remeron is suppossed to make me rest better. I get no stage 3 or 4 sleep. I am also taking Mirapex to help with the sleep. I am going to do a second sleep study soon, with the meds to see if they are working. I just never heard of Remeron.
  2. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

all he did was sleep while on it so it should help with your sleep. i hope it works out for you-good luck

cathy
  3. littlecheryl

littlecheryl New Member

I have been taking Remeron for three years now. I have tried everything on the market and nothing worked. Remeron does not make me pass out but it allows me to get some real sleep when i do lay down at night. I also take 2 hawthorn berrie capsules a supplement and it enhances the Remeron's effects. I do not feel bad in the morning and it has really helped my sleep.
  4. Hippo

Hippo New Member

It made me into a zombie and I couldn't take it because I have 3 little girls. I need to be at least semi-alert.

Hippo
  5. Starla

Starla New Member

Thank you for everyone's responses. I know each person has a unique chemical makeup, so it will work differently on each person, so for me, I was able to wake up during the night with my toddler,(but boy was I tired and wish she would go back to sleep), I got up at 6:30 just to make my husband a pot of coffee before he went to work and I felt like somewhat of a zombie. I was just slow about everything. My pain was awful as usual, but I did feel sleepy. So much for night one, I'll see how the rest of the week goes. Doc says with better rest I should feel less exhausted during the day.

I have been feeling so useless and worthless because I don't have the ability to do anything. I would be happy to be somewhat normal and get anything accomplished!

I want my life back !!!!!! I hear so much more on the media now about Fibromyalgia and more people have heard of it now, so maybe the research will pick up and we can find a cure or anything to let us live a quality life again.

Best of luck to everyone.