Anyone taking Sam-e

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Pinky, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Hi Just a question about the supplement Sam-e. Anyone taking it? At what dosage? Does it help with pain? fatigue? insomnia? And what about the running brain, does it help with that?
    You have all done so much for me I just want to take a minute to Thank you all for all the advice, but mostly for just being here and listening- I love you all!
    Thanx
    Debbie
  2. Pinky

Pinky New Member

Hi Just a question about the supplement Sam-e. Anyone taking it? At what dosage? Does it help with pain? fatigue? insomnia? And what about the running brain, does it help with that?
    You have all done so much for me I just want to take a minute to Thank you all for all the advice, but mostly for just being here and listening- I love you all!
    Thanx
    Debbie
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Sorry, I don't take Sam-e, but I do have 'racing brain', for that I take a low dose Xanax (0.25 milligrams)at 6pm, so that my ZMA and Melatonin work better for deep sleep.

In the daytime the 'brain' racing does not cause much problems, as I am a reader, and still have good concentration, but at night time, it just runs away with me when I try to sleep, I think I could solve all the worlds problems as soon as my head hits the pillow!

If you go to the 'Store' link, you can read about it.

I do hear some good things about Sam-e, but have not tired it YET!

Shalom, Shirl
    [This Message was Edited on 11/21/2002]
  4. jsessler

jsessler New Member

My husband was told not to take Sam-E after he started on Effexor--both stimulate Seratonin production and the Sam-E can literally double the effective dosage of the Effexor, creating big problems. If you are taking anti-depressants, check with your doctor about combining it with Sam-E.

BTW, he was getting decent results from the Sam-E, but it stopped being effective as his disease progressed.

Lots of soft hugs,

Jeri

[ advertisement ]