Anyone taking Tri-Est?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by suz9601, Jun 2, 2006.

1. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I am only 28 years old but have had low estrogen for years now. Finally found someone to give me estrogen. She gave me Tri-Est 1.25mg everyday except during my period. Are any of you on a similar estrogen and dose? It is bioidentical troches.

Thanks
    Suz
    [This Message was Edited on 06/02/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/02/2006]
  2. Flaxen

Flaxen New Member

Hi...I am going through menopause...do you know why you have low estrogen so young? I suggest a good blood panel of estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone...maybe an endocrinologist would be your best bet. I'm fortunate to have a woman md who believes in hormone replacement in the lowest BIOIDENTICAL source. Tri-est is good...get your blood checked regularly to make sure it's not too much. It has to be balanced with progesterone.....Best of luck...Flaxen
  3. suz9601

suz9601 Member

I have seen a couple endos and several other docs and no one knows why my estrogen is so low. I have had panels done and my progesterone is low as well. I think it has something to do w/my hypothalamus not telling my body to make hormones. My FSH and LH are normal so it isn't an ovary problem...so complicated when I am so young.

I will make sure to be monitored and check my levels

Thanks
    Suz
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

at about 30, so did my mother's and her mother's. My hormones were never right after that and of course eventually just stopped. I was in my late 40's when I went through total menapause. My daughter is 33 and is having all the same symptoms I did. I've read of others, so maybe you could research early peri menapause online? Good luck.