Anyone test positive for H pylori bacteria?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tngirl, Oct 18, 2005.

1. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I just tested positive for this when I had an EGD done last week. I go Thursday to get started on treatment. I would like to hear from others who have experienced this. Was your treatment successful?

I have lots of gastrointestinal problems. I have IBS and reflux and a lot of nausea too. I'm hoping once the bacteria is gone, the nausea will go too.
  2. aquabugs

aquabugs New Member

Hi Tngirl

I tested positive for H.pylori about three years ago. I had major reflux but not the nausea. I took the rounds of antibiotics as prescribed and was told it had cleared on my next check up.

I wish it had helped my reflux but it didn't. Mine seems to be due to my Sjogren's Syndrome and I have to keep taking the proton blocker to keep the pain at bay.

It's important that you get the bacteria treated to prevent any more problems in the future. But I do hope it helps with your nausea and other problems.

Take care
    Sylvia
  3. Mareeok

Mareeok New Member

I had it a few yrs ago. I had gone to check for an ulcer. Turned out I had Gerd. The doctor told me I also had H Pylori (HP). He explained that HP is what causes an ulcer but having HP doesn't mean you do have an ulcer, you might not. However, if you have an ulcer you have to have HP also. I told her that years ago I had an ulcer but was never told I had HP. She said they should have treated me for HP also.

The treatmnent was taking three antibiotics for a few weeks (think it was two weeks). I was told the three antibiotics would make me sick with bouts of diahrhea. I was concerned because I was working at the time and could not just leave my desk when I wanted to. I was a receptionist and had to call to have someone come up and man the phones for me. I had no side effects at all.

I am curious why why you have to go in for treatment. They should just give you a Px for the antibiotics.

You may want to look up on the net about Prelief. It is excellant for any acid problem. It's over the counter with no bad side effects. I worked for the company that made it and used it for my Gerd and didn't have to take any Px drug.

Hope this helps.
    Maree
    [This Message was Edited on 10/18/2005]
  4. victoria

victoria New Member

duodenal ulcer, but no H. pylori... dang it, wish I had, as I
    still have problems off and on if eat too many irritating foods...

However, if I remember to take the PreRelief, it really does make a huge difference - never get any symptoms if I take it regularly before eating anything!

I highly recommend it for anyone with or without H. Pylori!

all the best,
    Victoria
  5. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I had a barium swallow that showed the spasms. I am having difficulty swallowing (thats why the tests) and had to have an EGD. He told me about the h pylori when he came to my room after the procedure. He also thinks I may have an enlarged thyroid because of the shape of my neck. He said we will talk about ordering the tests and the treatment for the h pylori tomorrow.

Thanks for all your replies.