Anyone Test Positive for HHV-6?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ttbmr, Feb 16, 2006.

1. ttbmr

ttbmr New Member

Does anyone test high for HHV-6?? If so are you taking any ant-virals?? I recently was tested and told I test the highest they've ever seen. But, after the dr. told me that he didn't give me anything to help get rid of it. HELP!!! After reading through the message boards I made an appointment with the FFC in Atlanta and I'm hoping they can offer something. These message boards are great! Thank you to all for the information so far.

Teresa
  2. goaska29

goaska29 New Member

The FFC in Philly diagnosed me with HHV-6 about a month and a half ago. I've been on Famvir (anti-virals) and Transfer Factor 4000 since. I feel a little better, but probably too early to tell.

-GoAskAlice
  3. ttbmr

ttbmr New Member

Can I ask what dose of Famvir you take? I took this a long time ago but at small doses....I don't think it did much. I've read so much about other anti-virals and I'm just curious if they really work or if there are major side effects.

Thanks for the info!
    Teresa
  4. pawprints

pawprints New Member

My friend with MS wants to be tested for HHV6. She lives in S. Florida. Who can you recommend to test her?

Thanks.
  5. ttbmr

ttbmr New Member

How ironic...I'm in South Florida too. I was seeing Dr. Keller at Biodoron in Hollywood. He is o.k....but like I said he gave me nothing for the HHV-6 except lysine. He's the first doctor to test me for this...I never knew anything about this virus.

I've been having a terrible time finding a dr. down here to help me with this so I'm actually going to the ffc in Atlanta. Do you know of anyone???
  6. MaryCecelia

MaryCecelia New Member

Yes, I tested positive for HHV-6. I took Valtrex and various herbals with no change. Now, my Dr. wants me to try ProBoost for it, so I've just ordered some.
  7. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Teresa,
    The one anti viral that worked well for HHV6 was kutapressin, which has reappeared on the market now as Nexavir.You might want to type that into google and get on their website.

K.
  8. pawprints

pawprints New Member

I posted to you on your other post. Just look back and you will see my response.
  9. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I haven't a clue to what that is, I'll have to ask my doctor about it. By the way, my doctor is the one at the Atlanta FFC. Dr. Bullington is the very best doctor I have ever seen. You will be in good hands with her! She is very knowledgeable, treats people with respect, and sincerely tries her best to help.
    Good luck with your appointment!
    Kelly