Anyone tried Activia yogurt for IBS?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjr2003, May 23, 2006.

1. cjr2003

cjr2003 New Member

I am giving it a try and just praying for some relief!! I am still dealing with the unknown illness over here - my gyn has tentatively scheduled a laparascopy for June 6th, and they are to do another transvaginal scan to see if my cyst still exists on my left ovary. Meanwhile, they are trying to get me in to see the gastroenterologist before the scheduled lap to get his/her view on my pain. My gyn sat down with me and we had a very lengthy serious talk and I have every symptom of endometriosis and she thinks along with me that I may very well have it. Meanwhile my bowels are killing me, and I am wondering if this Activia will help? So, I am giving it a whirl!! At this point, I am willing to try standing on my head if it will make my pelvic/ovary pain better. I have been reading the previous posts on our board about endo - this makes sense now why hubby and me haven't conceived yet!! I just cried all the way home today after my appt. :>( I am just scared of the unknown I guess. Scared of what it all means as re: fertility etc. and scared of having something else painful to have to deal with when my plate is overflowing allready!! But, you know, the book says the Lord will not give me more than I can handle!!! The Lord must have some pretty high expectations of ME!! whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL thanks for listening and if u have tried Activia, tell me if it works?! Carla
  2. BabiCati

BabiCati New Member

I have not tried Activia but have been using DanActive successfully for a year. No more "D". Pain is also better. I drink the vanilla flavor. At first I did not like it but one week later I loved it. It is amazing what a difference it makes. I don't even get "D" with antibiotics. If you still try the Activia let me know how it goes.

L
  3. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi Carla,

Yes, I have tried it and try to eat some at night but don't always remember to eat it, although I should. I eat too many other things, that aren't as good for me):

Anyway, yes, it does work for me but think it would work better if I ate it on a regular basis. I need it due to the meds effect. I have tried the blueberry, peach and strawberry. They make vanilla but haven't tried that one yet. So far, I like the blueberry. Also, the yogurt is good for you as well, as I'm sure you already know.

I pray that you do not have the endometriosis as you have enough pain as it is.

Take care and hope this helps,

BlueSky555