Anyone tried 'Airnergy' or hyperbaric oxygen therapy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cathiedee, Jul 7, 2008.

1. cathiedee

cathiedee New Member

Hi, just wondering if anyone has tried airnergy or hyperbaric oxygen therapy. I've been looking around on the net and found a few little bits and pieces saying they're helpful for CFS

A reputable doc on a british daytime show talked of Airnergy (it's not specifically for cfs but is supposed to help) .. here's the site:

The machines to buy seem to cost a small fortune but I've heard there are some therapy centres that'll rent out their use. I emailed one woman who said it's significantly improved her quality of life and if her machine broke she'd happily remortgage to get another one!!

Has anyone had any experience of this ... or indeed other oxygen therapies?

2. victoria

victoria New Member

have you done a search here, it has been discussed.

It can make you feel better, and actually intensive treatment can kill bacteria.

There's 1 woman's article in the library here about how she has lyme, couldn't take abx, bought her own unit, and does it every day - keeps the lyme at bay altho apparently isn't killing it (as soon as she had to send it in repair, within a month her symptoms were progressing). She feels this is acceptable, doesn't mind using it every day, it allows her live her life, along with some other things.

I know I've heard a lot of anecdotes also about the lower atas being beneficial as well.

3. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

I have always wanted to have this treatment but I could never get a doctor to prescribe it. I am not sure that insurance would pay for it for this illness.

I think if you approached it from a chronic infection standpoint you may have more luck.