Anyone tried amino acids for FM?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IgotYou, Aug 13, 2003.

1. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

My naturopath believes a good part of my problem has been that my body lost its ability to create non-essential amino acids, so he has put me on a daily amino acid supplement (I actually took 4 pills 3 times a day for four days, then 4 twice a day for 3 days, and now 4 once a day). I'm actually starting to feel better (less pain), but primarily I've noticed that my sjogren's type symptoms are going away (dry eyes, dry mouth, and dry OTHER). Best of all, my 2-year bout with constipation is apparently over. It's like normal again. Anyone else try this out before? What did you experience? I've only been doing this for a little over a week, but there's a big difference already.
  2. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

I can't remember what brand they are! I'm at work and they're at home, so I'll post the brand when I get there tonight (in about 3 hours). I didn't bring them with me today.
  3. rdthewave

rdthewave New Member

I get my amino acids from Montiff, inc. (310)582-8938. The reason I get them from this source is because the owner specializes in amino acid therapy. Don has given lectures all over the country...educating Dr.s on the importance of amino acids. The secretary that works there is very nice. Her name is Barbara.......she's very sympathetic too as she believes she might have FM. I trust that these amino acids are of high quality.......I don't know how they compare in price to others. Don knows what he's doing though with his formulas. Everytime you order , you get literature sent to yu explaining everything about the amino acid or acids you ordered.

Tammy
  4. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

The amino acids I’m taking are “AminoLogic”, and you can get them from PhysioLogics, 6565 Odell Place, Boulder, CO 80301-3330 (I don’t know the cost yet because I happened to have connections so I got the first batch free, but I think the regimen costs around $20 a month). The capsules come 90 to a bottle, and are 466 mg each. They contain L-Glutamine, L-Aspartic Acid, L-Tyrosine, L-Leucine, L-Valine, Taurine, L-Pheylalanine, L-Proline, L-Isoleucine, L-Serine, L-Lysine, L-Alanine, L-Threonine, L-Arinine, L-Methionine, Glycine, L-Histidine, L-Cystine, and Vitamin B6.
  5. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I just started my doctor's Neurotransmitter Program for FMS. My doctor believes depletion of Neurotransmitters causes most of our symptoms, and my neurotransmitter test results were abysmally low. He uses three things, but so far I am only on one of them.....Whey Protein. It is made by Jarro, and has appx.the same ingredients as in the post above this one, but my doc is not picky about brands. I've only been on it for 3 days, and have just gone into the first remission I've had in ages that has lasted more than one day. (I shouldn't say this or I may jinx it)
    The other two things my doc prescribes are large doses of Tyrosine and 5-HTP, worked up to slowly.
    I had a recent post with info on Neurotransmitters you might want to look at. You can also find info on the treatment by doing a web search for Marty Hinz, M. D.
    Klutzo
    [This Message was Edited on 08/13/2003]
  6. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member