Anyone tried an ionic foot bath?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Kayleen, Sep 18, 2006.

1. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

I had an Ionic Foot Bath treatment today. It is supposed to detoxify your body and help with FMS/CFS. The water started at clean and in 30 minutes it was totally brown. It's amazing what came out of my feet. I was wondering if anyone else has tried this.
    Kayleen
  2. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I have never tried one but have always had problems with really dry feet that crack and peal and bleed. That foot bath sounds like something I should look into. Where did you get it and how expensive was it if you don't mind my asking???????SueF
  3. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I've had 2 treatments, my water went completely black, it is interesting however I haven't made up my mind as to how effective it really is. It didn't make me feel any different but I probably didn't have enough treatments, I found it a bit expensive.
    I hope you get good results.

Phoebe
  4. connieaag

connieaag New Member

I had this and my daughter who has FM/CFS (I don't). Both of our water was brown/green/oily looking the frst time. I had it done only once. She had it done 3 times, and actually felt worse. Another FM patient metioned that she felt it was pulling her meds out of her sysytem in the detox, so we quit having her do it. She didn't notice any beneficial difference -- only increased pain as if she had forgotten her meds for a couple days.
  5. redtex

redtex New Member

i was told by a person who works at a chriopractic office that this was a scam and they laughed when ever someone came in and used it. i tried it with out my feet in it and it turned the same brown/ black color as it did with my feet in it. beware of snake oil!
  6. Kayleen

Kayleen New Member

I had my second treatment. It does work. You are right the water does change color whether your feet are in it or not. But both times I did it there the bottom was full of grit and the top had stuff floating in it.

Sunday Night I hurt so bad that I only slept about two hours. Monday I had an ionic foot bath and did the Alpha Spa. Last night I slept like a baby. The pain was gone and I did not even wake up the entire night.

Try It! It worked for me.

Kayleen

[ advertisement ]