Anyone tried CBD oil?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JimB51, May 8, 2016.

1. JimB51

JimB51 Member

Ordered s bottle of CBD oil. (non THC cannabis drops). Have read good things about it. Hoping SO MUCH that it will help with the neurologic dysfunctions, anxiety and maybe even my extreme CFS (VA doctor said it's the worst case he'd ever seen ..and sent me to this nursing home 10 years ago.)
    Maybe this isn't the right place to post this (?) I've been gone from this board for many years. Jim
    Last edited: May 8, 2016
  2. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I am trying CBD oil, but just started it several days ago. I am hoping it takes care of the only symptoms that still really bother me, pain and stiffness.

I had been considering (non-THC) CBD oil for awhile. Then I read an article and watched a video that Erin from Health Nut News had just posted and I decided to go ahead and order some.

I am starting slow and increasing the dose slowly.

Time will tell.

Have you started taking the CBD oil yet, Jim?
    JimB51 likes this.
  3. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

I'm MOST interested in how you do on this. Just read about it last week and wondering if it would help with my terrible neck pain I've had forever. (among other troubles) I'll also look up Health Nut News for a link.
    JimB51 and Nanie46 like this.
  4. JimB51

JimB51 Member

Nanie and Sunflowergirl .. I won't receive it for about a week. Ordered it from Amazon for $40 They sell it here too.. On the Walmart site it's called 'Cibdex'. I'll let you know if it helps. Two years ago it was legal in 20 states. Now it's legal in all 50 states.I must have watched about 8 hours of videos on Youtube about it. You can google too. Sounds very promising for so many illnesses.
    Nanie, I know you're taking it at a low dose right now for pain but do you notice any calming effect on you?
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hi, JimB,

Welcome back. Please keep us updated on how you do with this. BTW, Medical MJ will be on the ballot here in FL in Nov.

Love, Mikie
    JimB51 likes this.
  6. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

So far I have not noticed any effect, but I am only using 5 drops under my tongue twice a day at this time.

I think it will definitely take a larger dose to notice anything.

I am also using a different brand.

I'm glad you decided to come back to the ProHealth forums.
  7. Chrysotstome

Chrysotstome Member

My daughter tried it for several months. After a while she got new symptoms which she said were difficult to tolerate and the oil was stopped. Depends how sensitive you are. Depends on the body. Some report good results.
    JimB51 likes this.
  8. joanierav

joanierav Member

hi all, if its an oil, can you rub it on your pain? why put it under the tongue? ive never heard of this. what does cbd stand for? im very interested. if its cannabis, i dont think it is legal here.

thank you, joanie
    JimB51 likes this.
  9. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

Sorry to hear that your daughter got new symptoms while taking CBD and had to stop. That would be disappointing.

CBD stands for Cannabidiol. It is legal in all 50 states and is non-addictive. It does not contain THC, the psychoactive component of cannabis.

It is taken by mouth so it can be absorbed and work on the Endocannabinoid system.
    This is the system within your body which regulates proper functioning of your cells, and much more.

It is derived from hemp. I am taking a brand that is organic.

Cannabidiol or CBD is one of at least 80 active cannabinoids identified in both cannabis and industrial hemp.

Unlike THC (the other prevalent cannabinoid), Cannabidiol is non-psychoactive while having the potential to possess a variety of therapeutic properties for many medical conditions including cancer, epilepsy, anxiety, pain and many others.

There are two types of cannabinoid receptors found throughout your body ,CB1 and CB2, and they are most abundant in your brain and immune system.

CBD acts on completely different receptors and enzymes than THC, resulting in a significant decrease in anxiety, depression and stress.
    JimB51 and bct like this.
  10. JimB51

JimB51 Member

11. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

It is important to note that CBD can interact with some medications.

There is information in the following link about this.

In the link, scroll down a little and read the part called "Drugs That Interact With Cannabidiol".

In the link you can also read more about the Cytochrome P-450 System.
  12. JimB51

JimB51 Member

I tried the CBD oil (non THC) a few days ago. Directions said to take 10 - 15 drops under tongue 3 times per day. I took 15 drops and within 5 minutes began experiencing awful brain fog and mental AGONY. Really awful! It gradually wore off over several hours. I wasn't totally surprised because most herbal suppliments have similar effects (due to existing brain dysfunctions) .. just not used to it hitting me so fast. So I'm disappointed again. :( I'm not a good test case though . From all I've read and watched on Youtube I would still recommend someone giving it a try it for anxiety or other ailments since it has helped so many people. (just start at a lower dose). J
  13. bct

bct Active Member

Jim, we are all different in our responses to some meds May I suggest that you try again at the lowest dose, 1 or 2 drops for instance and see if it has the same effects. If so, then it is probably not for you. What do you mean by "mental agony" by the way? Depression, anxiety, panic attack or ?

Good Luck,
    JimB51 likes this.
  14. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I agree with Barry that you may have just started with too large a dose. As bct suggested, you could always try again with a very low dose and work up as tolerated.
    JimB51 likes this.
  15. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

The next time I go to Seattle to visit family, I'm going to go to one of the pot dispensaries since pot is legal there now. There's supposed to be a type of pot that doesn't get you high, but does help with pain and sleep. Of course, I wouldn't be able to bring it back to TX since it's not legal here.
  16. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

In TX you can buy CBD oil without THC, but it didn't help me at all and just made me feel weird. I had read that CBD needs at least some THC to be effective for pain.

When I was in Seattle recently, where pot is legal, I went to one of the state-run dispensaries to try to find pot that would help my pain. After experimenting with several forms, I found a mint with 5% THC. I got fantastic pain relief that lasted for hours with just this one mint.

However, since I live in TX, I could not bring it home. How frustrating to know that a great pain solution exists for me, but our state is just too puritanical to allow medical pot.
  17. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Kids

Jim, thanks for starting this thread. Never heard of this stuff before.

Nannie, Thanks for the site about interaction.

JKennedy, Are you planning to move?

Think I'll check out some of those Youtube videos.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  18. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

j.kennedy: is this a mint candy? Is there a name brand?
  19. jkennedy

jkennedy Member

I'm not planning on moving to Seattle, but I do envy their pot laws.

The name of the product that helped me so much was Mr. Moxey's Mints. The 5% THC per mints is considered very low.
  20. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

The talk on the Detox Summit on Sept 26 2016 titled "Cannabidiol (CBD) and Detox" by Philip Blair, MD was amazing!

It is available to watch for free until 10 am Eastern time Tues Sept 28.

It will also be replayed, along with all of the talks, on Monday, October 3, 2016.

You can still sign up anytime and watch as much as you can of the Detox Summit.