Anyone tried collodial silver for symptoms?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sparklewa, Jul 1, 2004.

1. sparklewa

sparklewa New Member

Yesterday my daughter (who is having some of the same CFS symptoms I am having) and I went to a local herb store. The owner actually gave us a free consultation but we did buy lots of herbs. Any he did this thing called applied kinestheseology. I don't think that is spelled quite correctly. Anyway we told him that we thought she has a yeast infection. he said a good way to tell is to drink collodial silver. So he gave us each a little dixie cup half way full and said if we felt heat or other weird sensations we probably had yeast. He said the silver would give it a big kick to get rid of it. Then I went home and my husband told me he had done a lot of research on it several years ago when out son was diagnosed with ADD>
    Anyway tonight as I write this email I noticed that my tongue doesn't hurt like it did yesterday! I think I have Sjogrens. So I was wondering if anyone else does the silver?
    Let me know I think it's fascinating! sparky
  2. jle

jle New Member

for the viral, bacterial, and yeast(candida) infections caused by persistent CFIDS/FM. My doctor here in
    Los Angeles has a lot of experience using this intervention. It is supposed to have less side effects and be much less toxic than other anti-viral/ anti-candida treatments.

good Luck and keep us updated,
  3. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

I am allrgic to antibiotics and so I take Colloidal Silver whenever I would normally take antibiotics for infections, before dental visits, etc..... I take 2 teaspoons a day for no more than 10 says at a time, usually only for 7.
    Good luck. I hope it helps ou.
  4. Noz

Noz New Member

Yes I've tried this one, sorry to say it made no difference at all.
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I tryed it years ago before I knew I had Fm. I`ve been reading up on it lately and I am going to give it another try. Its supposed to work like an antibiotic and kill off some of these stealth infections. Some people use it instead of the doxepin. Its worth a another try.

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Along with my antibiotics. It is important to buy the best quality with the smalles silver particles. Do not exceed the recommended dose.

If anyone tells you that you will turn blue or gray from using it, don't believe it. You would have to drink bottles a day to ever have that side effect.

Love, Mikie
  7. craziC

craziC New Member

but I have a friend who is big into natural supplements/herbal remedies. Her & her husband actually make their own collodial silver.

She uses it for everything. Sinus infections, ear infections, anything! She swears by it. I guess it's worth a shot.

I hope it works out for you,
  8. sparklewa

sparklewa New Member

that not to believe that you would turn blue or grey from using it, that you'd have to take so much of it. That part did scare me I have to tell you.

Geez I went to a naturopath today that we get our massage through and some consultation of natural stuff. But I told her about the silver and she really didn't say anything. In the past she is very broad in her advice and makes general statements so I don't depend on her for too much other than massage. Now that she does great! We are also seeing a great Chiropracter and that has helped immensely with pain.
  9. tessima

tessima New Member

on this subject,very informative.Tells you how to pick the correct colloidial silver.There IS a condition that will cause skin to go blue grey,called argyria.Thats why to be informed about it helps you choose the right type as there are many different versions on the market.

All the best

10. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

a woman on TV that had turned grey from it. Don't know how much she drank, but it is irreversible!
  11. sparklewa

sparklewa New Member

back to the herb store and inquired about and about buying it. The silver the owner gave my daughter and myself is actually called nano silver which he said is the best. Nano silver has such small particles that they actually disolve in the water solution it's prepared in. The owner drinks 4 oz every day and has now for about 5 years and hasn't turned grey or blue yet. However he does have very lovely blue eyes! he he
    Collodial silver is a suspension where the silver does not dissolve into the water it's prepared in making it harder for the body to completely absorb it.
    Like anything else that we put in our mouths.... too much of anything is not good and may be toxic or upsets the balance in our bodies. Be prudent if using this or anything else.
    I will let you know how we do on it!
    smiles and hugs sparky
  12. Ancient1

Ancient1 New Member

My husband makes the c.silver for us and we store it in dark glass bottles. Just a dropper when we start to feel sinus, allergy, cold, flu and all the symptoms and the virus/crud stuff dissappears.

I didn't beleive him at first,until I witnessed how quickly everyone recovered from illness. I gave in and I use it for sore throat and swollen glands, a regular event with chronic fatigue for me. Within hours I am better.

I could easily use it every day, but I don't...lazy I guess. Maybe underneath it all, I am really afraid it will stop working for me if I use it everyday, much like medications and herbs.

As for my 9 kids...they rarely miss school and if they wake up feeling yucky, a dropper of c.silver and mommy's warm snuggles and they are back on their feet the next day.
    Many times when other family and friends have had strep throat, my family tests negative after a dose or two of silver. They may still have the visual symptoms that day, yet the bug is gone. It amazes me! Our doctors just tell us to keep doing what we do.

Not all silver is the your homework.
  13. tansy

tansy New Member

but I tried it before addressing the hypercoagulation (ISAC) and since doing that I have gained more benefit from my supps and alternatives. Although it was supposed to be a good quality product I know enough now to suspect it may not have been.

It works for my cat though; she is 18 years old and had gone into rapid decline, losing a lot of weight and clearly suffering. A trip to the vet did little for her, she reacts to meds as much as many of us do, and she was very poorly after the injection he gave her. So I started her on CS: for the first 2 weeks nothing happened; then for the next 3 weeks she was stroppy and very vocal, she's half-Siamese. Since then she has put weight back on, is livelier, healthier, and more content. No placebo effect here because nothing else in her life changed.

[This Message was Edited on 07/03/2004]
  14. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I have some kind of infection (I suspect either mycoplasma or chlamydia pneumoniae) that periodically causes me lung problems. Nebulizing colloidal silver is astoundingly good at getting rid of the symptoms (immediately and totally).

This also is very good in a nasal spray for sinus infections (fungal or bacterial).

I know it's helped with controlling gut yeast. (I used it when I was on several doses of a strong antibiotic per day, since fitting in a probiotic would have been difficult. I'm hesitant to do that for too long though, and now am back to mega-doses of probiotics.)

I used it for a while for a resistant vaginal infection. (This is too much info, but you've got to put the tampon in first and then use a syringe--obviously no needle--to soak it with the colloidal silver.)

I imagine it's pretty good with intestinal bacteria, though I don't have evidence.

I am suspicious with regards to whether it helps to kill the types of bacteria/mycoplasma/viruses that plague CFS sufferers.

I use a brand called MesoSilver. I wouldn't brew my own, though I know lots of people do.
  15. greatgran

greatgran Member

Thank you for your info. and most of all for caring enough to do this for me. When I can get out going to try it, What do I have to lose?