Anyone Tried Colon Cleansing???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellyamos, Sep 25, 2006.

1. kellyamos

kellyamos New Member

I was wondering if anyone has had stomach problems, such as severe bloating, constipation, diarrhea, etc. and have tried any form of colon cleansing remedies? I was DX with RA in 1999 and the FM 1 year ago.

However, within the past 5 -6 months, I have developed severe stomach bloating (I look like I am 7 months pregnant), diarrhea and constipation. I have not been diagnosed with IBS but I have all the symptoms of it.

I started researching different types of colon cleansing on the internet and I just ordered some stuff called CHC, aka - Colon Health Complete. I should get it in the mail in a week or so.

Has anyone heard of this CHC that is supposed to be all natural or tried any other types of colon cleansers?

It only cost $29.00 so if it doesn't work, I will not be too devastated as it is relatively cheap.

I am hoping SOMEONE has tried some brand of colon cleansing that they could recommend and that worked well.

Thanks all... Sure hoping someone can help..

Kelly
  2. phoebe1

phoebe1 New Member

I had colon irrigations, where they flush your bowels with water, you can google this if you have never heard of it before.
    It isn't scary or painful, it is one of the best things I have ever done for myself.
    I do not believe that you can truly detox or cleanse if you keep putting stuff into your body, but that is just my opinion.
    If you are are interested you can just search for some of my old posts where I describe it more in detail, this was about a year ago.

Phoebe
  3. kellyamos

kellyamos New Member

4. Marta608

Marta608 Member

There was quite a discussion on the board about this a month or so ago. Put it in the search box and you should get all the posts.

Marta

5. carebelle

carebelle New Member

you would probably be better and easier to use colace daily it will keep you regular and doesnt seem to harsh on the stomach.
  6. FOYBOYFOY

FOYBOYFOY New Member

i have ibs and citrucel(take 2-3 a day) has been a godsent.this fiber makes a world of difference..
    GOD BLESS FOY
  7. supergirl99

supergirl99 New Member

my doctor has prescribes Fybogel Mebeverine which is Fiber and the active ingredient Mebeverine for the bloating and cramps. It really works quite well, but I'm in the UK so not sure if it is called something different or if you have something similar there. I beleive there are many things you can try, but really think you should get a diagnosis 1st as there are other things that seem like IBS but are not.