Anyone tried Contour Cloud or Memory Foam toppers?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Wolverine, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Hey all.

You guys seen the ad's for Contour Cloud sleep system? It looks pretty convincing, but then again thats the purpose of TV shopping isn't it ;)

But it does look quite good, and i think it's based on memory foam etc. Anyone tried this particular product? Or heard of anyone that has?

What i really would like to know before trying it, is if it has a strong smell. I was so very disappointed with a pillow i bought called dunlopillo which was made of latex foam / rubber. It was quite nice on the neck etc, but had a constant rubber / latex stink coming off it. Someone else i know had one that was 1.5 years old and there was NO DIFFERENCE in the smell, it was still there!

This rubber / foam / chemical type smell effects me very badly having chemical sensitivity etc. I noticed alot of people on here seem to like memory foam however, so please let me know your opinions, and certainly if it has any smell about it! Even if it does, does it fade with time?

Thanks in advance, ~Chris.
  2. northlights

northlights New Member

Hi Chris
    I have a memory foam mattress topper (bought it online at Memory Foam Canada). When I first took it out of the packing, it had a very very slight smell, but once I put the cover on, and laid it out on my bed for a day or two, the smell went away.

I can't imagine sleeping without it. It really does relieve those pressure points I had on my hard mattress. You just kinda sink right into it, and it conforms to your body.

I can't say enough good things about my memory foam.

north.
  3. CanBrit

CanBrit Member

My husband and I bought a new King bed about six months ago. Instead of paying a lot of money for a therapeudic memory foam set, we bought a lower priced regular set and a 4" memory foam topper.

We both love it. I find I have a lot less pain and stiffness in the morning. We recently bought memory foam pillows as well. There was a smell coming off the topper for a couple of days but it's long gone now. The pillows had a full quilted cover on them and I didn't notice any smell at all.

All the best,

Eileen
  4. jackrorabbit

jackrorabbit New Member

Its not cheap about 2K for a queen with two controllers, the advantage is I can change the firmness dependent on what I need most soft or firm ect. I tried the memory foam, but it would never get soft enough for me and made the hip points scream bloody murder in the morning. Use the order and try it for 3 months things so if it isn't for you it only costs you shipping.
  5. fungirl2100

fungirl2100 New Member

We bought a new bed a few years ago, have a thick mattress topper & use an egg crate topper as well. This is what most hospitals use (egg crate).
    That other stuff can be very expensive!!!!!!

I hope that helps.

your friend,
    Dawn
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

We bought a topper from Big Lots for $30 for the KIng and have it on top of another memory foam one we got on sale from T J Max. Walmart sell the 4inch toppers for about $200 but they have not got King Size in near us.

The two together seem to make the bed a lot more comfy but I find I sink in with the hip pain. It is much better though. The smell went after we aired it out for six hours.

We are mattress shopping presently as the white sales are on but have not found any we would spend the money on, even half price they are about $1,500.

Love Annie
    [This Message was Edited on 01/30/2007]
  7. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Some good responses here. That is helpful indeed.

I am very sensitive to smells, so hopefully it would dissapate in a very short time.

Have any of you tried specifically, the contour cloud topper? Or even know what it is? Interested to find anyone with first hand experience of it.

Yes thats a good idea i think here we have a 30 day trial and can return the product if it's not what we wanted.

Thanks alot all. ~Chris.
  8. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I used to have so many problems with my neck! In fact that is where I usually have the bulk of all of my pain!

I bought an inexspensive contoured pillow at a very popular discount store.............within a few months it was flat and NON helpful!

So..........I went to Costco and bought a much better quality one.....it cost more BUT it was one of the best things I have ever purchased in my entire life!

And NO I do not work for the pillow company or sell them! LOL

It has made all the difference in the world and I take it with me wherever I go when I travel I would NEVER want to be without it again!

So............although I do not as of yet own a mattress topper( but hope to as soon as finances permit ) I can only imagine that if the pillow works and helps this much the mattress has to be wonderful as well!

Hope this helps!

Hugs
    Doxy