Anyone tried Dr Vickery's Fibro Program? (Aminos)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Wolverine, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Upon reading about Dr Vickery and his apparently famous patented amino acid formulation, i came accross various things including his own treatment plan for it.

The main component of his treatments is this 'Platinum Essential Amino Acids Plus' formula. They claim it to be far above other amino formulas and apparently begins rebuilding spinal discs and other bodily tissue within 12hrs of ingestion.

He claims 100% of people that strictly follow his fibro program get well.

Wondering if anyone has tried the program or at least the Platinum Essential Amino Acids Plus?
  2. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Here it is:
  3. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Wolverine,

I haven't yet but I serously plan to - I watched many of his videos on YouTube - he is quite convincing.

In fact there is another thread on this topic.

God Bless,

4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

There were several things that raised red flags about this site.

1. No one can cure Fibro. 100%. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

2. He reports that only HIS forumla for amino acids will cure you. I think that sounds suspect.

3. There were two grammatical errors in his letter. That does not sound professional to me.

I do not know about amino acids and whether they help, but this site looks very suspicious.

You just have to really be careful about believing everything you read and buying things on the internet.

[This Message was Edited on 10/05/2008]
  5. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

Just search my posts... You can use a MUCH cheaper alternative than his aminos.

I'm actually surpised that someone brought this subject up....
  6. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
  7. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

i watched it. wow. :(
  8. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

This aspect of Dr Vickery has nothing to do with what I have posted here. I was simply wondering about his aminos and fibro program, as they look good.

As for his principles, each to their own. I'm Christian myself, but am not 'hard right wing' as you mention. I have a wider acceptance of different ways and beliefs, because who am I to judge?

Also, he is old school, and alot of people in this age group that are christian similar to him (right wing as you say).

Can we leave this debate out of this thread please?

But would like to hear opinions on other Aminos. I thought others may work well too, just wondered if anyone had tried his program.

9. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

He also thinks God had something to do with Hurricane Katrina & Ike. Deserved punishment that those poor people had coming to them.

10. Elisa

Elisa Member

Hi Andrew,

Hi again I should say! a couple questions...

Do you feel his theory that using amino acids improves our condition? I continue to have interest in this...

I know you have been taking the NOW aminos for a while (since we last posted) - do they continue to help?

Excited to hear from you!

11. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

Yes, you can just go to his website and read the theories and that pretty much explains it. But we're not only deficient in protein, but MANY other things as well.

Yes, I continue to take NOW's "Amino Complete" along with other things that I have posted. I'm still detoxing metals, but I can tell I'm making more progress as I don't have to take as much chlorella anymore. When you get rid of all the metals in your body, that's when the REAL healing gets started.

I'm surprised you haven't got started up yet. Just search my past posts to see what all I take. Time's a-tickin' away...

Good luck to you again Elizabeth

12. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

Hi, I haven't been here in quite a while, but I just ran into information on this subject and was wondering if anybody as tried this and their experience.

Thanks, Joann
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

There is another thread on this here. Vegetarians get complete amino acids by eating legumes, like beans, combined with corn. This was the basis of the ancient Mayan culture's nutrition. Anthropologists now believe that the only time they resorted to human sacrifice and canabalization was when there was a bad crop year and they could only get protein from eating human meat. I think it may have more to do with superstition and an offering to the gods following a bad crop. My question is why they didn't eat animals, but I digress...

If one can get enough amino acids through diet, that would be ideal. If not, supplementation would be the next best thing. As many of you know, I will be starting peptide injection therapy. Peptides are the building blocks of the amino acids the body uses for proteins. I am seeing the doc tomorrow to get started so he can order the serum. I'll post about my experience.

This is a little off subject and yet, there is a connection.

Love, Mikie
  14. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Hi Jamin. That's quite interesting about Proline, didn't know it had that property! I am really interested in anything that builds collagen because its a major factor for me too - everything "cracks" and hurts around most joint areas, even the ribs etc. Feels like there just isnt enough collagen there in general.

Vitamin C builds all connective tissue but unfortunately I cant take high doses anymore, as last year I became a kidney stone former for no reason I know of :/ Only since starting cortisone, so I guess that changed something in the body. I used to take 6grams a day of C or more for 8 years of CFS, and it helped every aspect of my problems more than any supplement has before. However now any more than 2 grams a day and i start getting gravel/pain in the kidneys. So frustrating.

I've looked at other stuff for collagen too. You can get direct collagen supplements - look on iherb and type in collagen - there are many brands. The "Neocell" collagen type i & iii has over 400 reviews with loads of people talking about all sorts of tissue it has helped rebuild. Considering trying that out too. Also Hyaluronic acid is supposed to build it as well. Also very popular as a supp.
  15. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Yes it can, which is a worrying factor for me seeing as I'm on a high dose (40mg minimum). But unfortunately for me I was DX with adrenal insufficiency in 2008, where i felt like I could die from such bad crashing BP, orthostatic intolerance, and many other low cortisol symptoms.

So I now need it every day to live, despite the fact it worsens CFS and doesnt quite agree with me unfortunately! I need another Dexa scan to check bone density, not so keen on the results of that, as I've had to dose up rather high many times since starting due to infections etc.

No good about your GF. Check out a product called Osteo-K. It contains a form of K called MK4 - and apparently rebuilds bone better than most things out there including drugs. I have had osteopenia since 2000, so if I have further reduced bone I am definitely getting onto this stuff. MK4 is used widely in Japan by Dr's with success for treating osteoporosis and such conditions. John Neustadt is a very smart man who developed Osteo-K and has tons of scientific research backing it.

Google "John Neustadt, ND underground wellness radio" - go to the top link, and he's just down one or two, listen to the blog show if interested, its rather facinating.

16. Wolverine

Wolverine Member

Yeah any CFSer generally has a somewhat dysfunctional HPA and usually lower cortisol - or less functional adrenal system than the norm. It's what contributes to many of the major symptoms.

Well no, no alternative to HC for me at the moment. If you have full (addisons) or significant adrenal insufficiency, you will die within a day or two without taking proper cortisone in some form (Hydrocortisone, prednisone, etc). So that's where I'm at. If I try to stop, I head toward adrenal crisis, which kills you very fast if untreated.

Yeah no good. Prednisone is harder on the bones than HC. HC is pretty much identical to the adrenals cortisol. Pred is much more synthetic and the doses they give for asthma and other autoimmune conditions are very high, pharmacological rather than physiological.

As for Osteo-K they base the dose on what is medically tested and successful in Japan for osteo treatment. An FAQ:

Q: Has MK4 been shown to promote and maintain healthy bones?

Yes. In clinical trials MK4 has been shown to be an important nutrient for building bone. It can build bones and decrease the risk of vertebral fracture by 60%, hip fracture by 71% and all nonvertebral fractures by 81%. In fact, 45 mg/day of MK4 has been an approved treatment for osteoporosis in Japan since 1995.

In comparison, Fosamax only decreases vertebral fracture risk by about 45 percent, Actonel by about 50 percent and Boniva by 52 percent.