Anyone tried Effexxor?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Grandmagail, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Grandmagail

Grandmagail New Member

Hi, my new doctor has prescribed Effexxor (an antidepressant) for pain. I have tried Zoloft, Paxil, Prozac, Trazodone in the past but they make me so tired in addition to my Fibro fatigue. It lists alot of side effects in the literature I received with the samples. I am a little afraid to try it.

Anyone have any info for me that has tried it?

Thanks for your help.

Gail
  2. Grandmagail

Grandmagail New Member

Hi, my new doctor has prescribed Effexxor (an antidepressant) for pain. I have tried Zoloft, Paxil, Prozac, Trazodone in the past but they make me so tired in addition to my Fibro fatigue. It lists alot of side effects in the literature I received with the samples. I am a little afraid to try it.

Anyone have any info for me that has tried it?

Thanks for your help.

Gail
  3. selma

selma New Member

Please, Search "Effexor" in the Search right above and on left side on top.

You'll find many posts. Good luck!

Love Selma
  4. Dara

Dara New Member

I've been on Effexor for at least a couple of months now. They started me on 75mg and am now on 150mg. I haven't really noticed it helping that much with the pain, what it does for me is I am now able to go to bed and go to sleep. It does not make me sleepy, I just don't toss & turn all night like I use to. I've had no side affects at all from it. Good Luck.

Dara
  5. Teri424

Teri424 New Member

Gail, I have been on Effexor XR since last January and have really good luck with it. It has helped my anxiety and my pain isn't as bad either. I haven't had any trouble taking it, and am up to 150 mg now. You should try it. It helps me sleep too.

Teri
  6. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

HI,
    I HAVE BEEN TAKING EFFEXOR FOR ALMOST A YEAR AND IT IS A GOOD MED! I TAKE 300MG A DAY. A WORD OF CAUTION THOUGH, IF YOU START TAKING THIS MED DO NOT STOP TAKING IT ABRUPTLY, YOU WILL GO THROUGH MAJOR WITH DRAWAL SYMPTOMS LIKE RESTLESSNESS, NAUSEA AND VOMITING. GOOD LUCK!
    SOFT HUGS,
    TERESA
  7. JP

JP New Member

Hello Gail,

I have been on Effexor XR for about two years. I am on a high dose, 300mg per day. I do not experience any side effects and it seems to be a good medicine for me. I was given Effexor for pain as well. I never noticed a decrease in pain and I did notice that I was in much better spirits, much less depression as caused by the chronic pain condtion.

Check out all the Effexor posts in the search box. You should find ample information.

Take care,
    Jan